amex cca

CONFUSED45
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5173 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Sunflower

Thanks, Good luck with MBNA.

I'm going to change the letter slightly again and send it back requesting sight of the original document, I know it's going to become a game of ping pong, but as you say at least I'll have a paper trail when and if I get to court.

I'll keep you informed, same with you let me know how you get on, I'm having hassle with MBNA business at present threatening to pass me over to DCA yesterday if I didn't pay up by close business yesterday, sending text messages & phoning me at work. I said to the woman yesterday you do know this is a form of harrassement, her reply was no it's not we just want the money that is owed to us! says it all.

I sent harrassement letter and cca request today and wait and see what happens.

confused

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Pedross & sunflower

got this notice today in post before legal action, not sure what todo next whether it's real or just a tactic rma!

[http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab199/confused44/img035-1.jpg

would really appreciate anybodies help, letter dated 24th July, which is the date RMA were due to call. If it was posted on 24th July, it's taken 7days to arrive and I have to pay within 7days, give me alot time!!!!

regards

confused

Edited by CONFUSED45
date/image

Hi confused

I not come across that soliiters before called westminster ones the only thing is they do not use the word MAY and are saying they actually instructed to commence proceedings though it could be a bluff but best to take it seriosly.I am just going to hunt out some letters i used and check for you what you should write back,

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Hi Confused

I just asked the advice of someonwe who helped me with my crapital one and MBNA issiues> i could show you the letter i wrote Restons but not sure if it suitable to use for your case now.so hope this person will be able to come back with a suitable letter to write .

Edited by sunflower99

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Hi Confused

I had the exact same letter 6 months ago. Word for word.

I just ignored it but we all do things in different ways. You might feel more comfortable writing and telling them that you are waiting for information from Amex.

See what letter Sunflower comes up with.

Pedross

RMA were set on me by MBNA for a while ,They were terrible telpehone pests and once tried to phone me ten times in the space of one day at my work place,I sent them a telphone harrasement lettter and so did my boss! and they dropped me like a hot potatoe after that!

Hi Confused

I had the exact same letter 6 months ago. Word for word.

I just ignored it but we all do things in different ways. You might feel more comfortable writing and telling them that you are waiting for information from Amex.

See what letter Sunflower comes up with.

Pedross

Hi Pedross!and confused

Thats comforting so sounds like it may be an empty threat

Hi Pedross!and confused

Thats comforting so sounds like it may be an empty threat

It was in my case thats for sure Sunflower.

I don't have any letters to recommend because I think each situation is individual. I try and help as much as possible but I do not want to push people down the route that I may take because it may not be right for them.

If you have got a letter explaining that Confused believes she is in a good legal position and she is waiting for further info off Amex that should get them thinking, based on the letter that she has just sent.

Pedross

Hi Pedross & sunflower

got this notice today in post before legal action, not sure what todo next whether it's real or just a tactic rma!

[http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab199/confused44/img035-1.jpg

would really appreciate anybodies help, letter dated 24th July, which is the date RMA were due to call. If it was posted on 24th July, it's taken 7days to arrive and I have to pay within 7days, give me alot time!!!!

regards

confused

Hi confused,

SF has asked me to look in on you:)

I cant comment on the agreement/application form as I have no knowledge of AMEX paperwork.

However, the Default notice is defective in that it states (within 14 days). The regulations say a date must be specified, apart from which, they havent allowed any time for posting which should be 2 days for 1st class or 4 for 2nd.

As regards the letter from the solicitors. They have been rather presumptious, they detail a list of things they are intending to happen when judgement is obtained:confused: Surely that should read "IF".

I would suggest you write to the solicitors, thus..

Dear Sirs,

Any references they use

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

I am in receipt of your letter dated 24th July 2009 and received by me today, 30th July 2009. No debt to your client is acknowledged.

I am very surprised that this account has been passed to you in that this account is in dispute with the original creditor.

In the circumstances, your clients threat of legal action would appear to be a breach of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 and the Office of Fair Trading Guidance on Debt Collection. Should you or your client bring proceedings, they will be robustly defended, and the Court's attention drawn to the above statutory breaches .

Furthermore, I reserve the right to bring the conduct of your client to the Court when the issue of costs is being considered.

Yours faithfully

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Have you looked around other Amex threads and compared the document (agreement) with those. Look in both the success forums and those threads where people have lost. See how their cases compare to yours.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi CitizenB & Sunflower

Thankyou for your letter, will send tomorrow, I have today sent another letter to amex requesting to view the original document.

I really appreciate you taking time to look at my documents and replying thankyou to you to Sunflower for your help.

Will read through all amex threads as advised.

regards

confused

Hi CONFUSED

Please take a step back and understand where your case is relative to the process that Amex and others follow. There is nothing you can write that will stop what they are doing, so you need to relax.

They have complied with their S78 CCA 1974 obligations following your request, you also need to undertake a SAR since there may be some additional items that emerge. It really is a time for you to collect information in anticipation of litigation by Amex.

You will be passed to a few DCA's and then end up with Brachers, a second rate legal firm based in Maidstone. They will issue a claim and that is when you have your defence prepared and defend what is now a typical case based on the application that they will try to enforce as an agreement. You also need to build a defence on the default notice, but until they litigate it really is a waiting game.

Read all the Amex threads and you will notice a common theme of events, yours will be similar, or identical. Whatever you send now will generate a standard response so don't expect anything else and don't be disappointed.

There is no magic letter at this stage, it will come down to your defense and hopefully a fair judge who will get you present your case.

Be under no doubt though that Amex are beatable..........;)

Edited by Monty2007

Hi CitizenB & Sunflower

Thankyou for your letter, will send tomorrow, I have today sent another letter to amex requesting to view the original document.

I really appreciate you taking time to look at my documents and replying thankyou to you to Sunflower for your help.

Will read through all amex threads as advised.

regards

confused

Hi confused!

Thats ok! im glad to have been of help and that CitB was able to give you a few pointers about dodgy DN and a suitable letter to write back in response .Also thanks for you wishing me luck in my own fight against MBNA/Restons,:)

Hi Monty

Thankyou for your reply, I will read all the other threads and send a SAR request to amex tomorrow, I will send citizenB's letter to RMA and Westminser solicitors just for my own peace of mind and hopefully it will help in the future if it goes further.

regards

confused

It was in my case thats for sure Sunflower.

I don't have any letters to recommend because I think each situation is individual. I try and help as much as possible but I do not want to push people down the route that I may take because it may not be right for them.

If you have got a letter explaining that Confused believes she is in a good legal position and she is waiting for further info off Amex that should get them thinking, based on the letter that she has just sent.

Pedross

Hi Pedross ! and confused

;As you say every case is indvidual and everyone has different opinions! but i dont think it does any harm to leave a bit of a paper trail and saying that you have doubts about cca being correctly executed and show any future judge that you made efforts to see original and get conformation about it!and i am so glad CITB was able to find a suitable letter for those soliciters ,:)

Hi Monty

Thankyou for your reply, I will read all the other threads and send a SAR request to amex tomorrow, I will send citizenB's letter to RMA and Westminser solicitors just for my own peace of mind and hopefully it will help in the future if it goes further.

regards

confused

I can guarantee it will go further, Westminster are instructed by RMA (Amex in reality) and are part of their pre-litigation game.

Personally I would not respond until you get a summons.

Hi Monty

regards

confused

Hi Confused!

I agree with you,As at least by calling their bluff and showing you know your rights will not do any harm and may make westmiister soliciters think twice about their threats :)

Hi Sunflower

I'll keep you updated, as what's going on when it happens, like wise with yourself

good luck!

confused

Thanks confused! Hope all goies well with you too! ive got a nice couple of letters in my court bundle similaer to what you sending and i will be asking why MBNA did not reply to them in court!:D

Have you looked around other Amex threads and compared the document (agreement) with those. Look in both the success forums and those threads where people have lost. See how their cases compare to yours.

Thanks CitB for comeing to resue and helping me and confused with query!about letter! :) and giving advice to confused! :)

• 5 weeks later...
Thanks CitB for comeing to resue and helping me and confused with query!about letter! :) and giving advice to confused! :)

Hi Sunflower

Got reply to my SAR from AMEX, copy of application form but no t/c's on reverse like cca request. Looking at the original again it is a microfiche copy and t/c's have been copied on the reverse.

Also, they have sent through a schedule of letters sent since 12/05/09

I have quoted two entries from the log,

1) Enquiry response sent with application/t&C's with newest T/C's

2) Account cancelled

3) Application on filing system, placed infolder to be worked.

unquote

Now what do you think they mean by worked!!!!

regards

confused

unquote

Hi Confused

Worked!Thats strange ! Makes you wonder what they up too!":confused:sounds a bit dodgy!i got hearing for a summary judgement next months! :eek:So lets hope its not debters prison for me as MBNA want an arm and a leg off me!:eek: still i am getting lots of help and i hope to cause Restons some grief!:D