Solicitors - Providing Breakdown of fees/charges?

Azer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5424 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm not sure if I am posting this in the right place, MOD's please move if necessary.

I had recently employed a solicitor to sort out some matters on my behalf. The matter has now been sorted and I am awaiting a final invoice. I requested that the solicitor also provide a breakdown of fees/charges for this matter, to which he replied: "please note that we do not provide a breakdown unless a client raises concerns about our fees". Is this normal practice? Seems a bit odd, especially considering that one would not be able to raise concerns without seeing the breakdown.

Is my solicitor trying to take me for a ride?

You have a right to request a breakdown with your Solicitors.

You also have a right not to pay it until one is provided.

As an anology, you wouldn't expect to shop in ASDA's without a breakdown of what you've bought in the form of an itemised receipt, would you?

My Solicitor provides one without even being asked because it's a reputable one, one that believes that by treating their clients with respect and honesty ensures repeat busines at best or good referals at worst!

Demand a breakdown, nicely of course. If they don't, stress that you won't be paying for their services. Legally they will be at fault and on a sticky wicket if they demand payment without even so much as a grouped itemised invoice and by that I mean, rather than listing every phone call made, they'll stste 10 x Phonecalls at XXp a minute x XX mins.

Good luck and stand up to your rights. :D

• Haha 1

srfrench :eek:

Fight incompetance, stupidity, greed and unfairness......There's no excuse and no place for it in society, unless they really are! :wink:

Thanks Srfrench! Only problem is that I have money on account with them, so in essence they have already charged me, but I will persist and get a breakdown.