Can I get car taxed when I do not own but have had possession for 2.5 years?

jssandy01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5465 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

This is a strage one. Had a company that went into liquidation oct 08. had a vehicle on 3 year lease due to expire June 09. Contract hire company refused to deal with us after October 08 and referred us to finance house in Dublin who own the vehicle. We wanted to rent or ideally buy the car from them. The finance company have realy had no interest in this. They freely let us keep the car despite our numerous attempts to offer to buy, they never replied to correspondence and showed complete apathy. Consequently we have had use free of charge for 7 months! with no agreement or contract in place. The tax has now run out and the car needs an MOT . Whilst in our care we paid for repairs and kept the vehicle in a good state. We still want to buy it but they reefused our offer and mentioned thay may want to collect the car. They have made no arrangements to do so and i doubt we will hear much more from them as they are not showing any signs. we have also claimed the repairs from them which they have not paid so we want to keep the car as payment. We will certainly not release the car unless they do. Is that possible? and in the meantime is there anyway we can tax the car as current keeper. I can see this car still being on our property un-collected for months. they are simply not interested. Any help appreciated

as long as you have the docs [v5 , ins etc] then there is no reason why not.

obv you will need to get it mot'ed first, but you could try the online taxing service if you have the v5 and the doc ref number

it tells you all you need and where to find it on the dvla website

mike

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Simply use a V62 form (and £25 fee) to apply for a V5 in your name. This has no effect on the ownership.

The DVLA will write to the current RK and if they agree (or do not respond to DVLA) you will get the V5.

Then MoT (you don't need tax to go to from a pre-booked MoT test) and then tax the car.

• Haha 1