In for a penny!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2494 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have one court date/time for 3 different cases. Will one of them turn up?

If my advice has been helpful tip the scales

West brom SETTLED

Halifax current SETTLED IN FULL

halifax curent (2nd) stayed. Visa - SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

halifax for the 3rd time. LBA sent

Egg - SETTLED GE Money - SETTLED Barclaycard SETTLED twice

Sainsbury's - Awaiting court date

Co-op cc SETTLED IN FULL 2nd claim. Settled in full

National Westminster Settled in full. 2nd claim. N1 submitted

HFC bank SETTLED. HFC 2nd claim - lba sent 21/10/08 Time Retail N1 filed Argos settled in full Creation - SETTLED IN FULL

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So all 3 are for the same time? When is this for?

• Haha 2

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

It's embarassing to have so much debt - and then some. I have a court appearance with an old mortgage a/c next month. (This was one I started 12 months ago, but lacked the bottle to progress for some months. AND I STILL HAVE NO BOTTLE.) Ooohhhh, no pun intended, just lack of cash for fripperies like wine/beer.

Then on 23 January it is barclaycard, halifax visa and a secured loan. Who is going to get rattled first, one of them or yours truly. Steady the Buffs.

Then in the New Year I will continue going after Natwest (again) and will go for 'hardship criteria' to get Halifax to settle not one - but 2 - currant accounts. I have totted it up and they owe me £3000+ on my 2 outstanding claims. Amazing what can happen when claims are put on hold or one gets old data. And Barclaycard owe me some data, Sainsbury's has been on a backburner for a while and I am sure the co-op have more data then they admit. And I will claim contractual where applicable. Oh, and the secured loan have been charging me interest so it will be 2nd time around again.

Have I said I want a solo bike, BMW 650GS. Maybe I will order it next year.

West brom SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

HFC bank SETTLED. HFC 2nd claim - lba sent 21/10/08 Time Retail N1 filed Argos settled in full Creation - SETTLED IN FULL

Oh i thought you meant all 3 were at the same time at the court. I must read properly in future. :p

And it not embarassing to have debt, thats we are all here. And think of it this way, the more you have, the more you get back...!!! :D

Wont be long till you get that bike. ;)

• Haha 1

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

No it's me I've been sat here too many hours!!!!!!!!!! Same date/time/judge. Better go prepared if it gets that far. Ooooohhhh, butterflies just thinking about it. Same judge for the old mortgage and another cager has said 'what have I done to deserve him, someone dosn't like me' on another thread which makes me nervous.

West brom SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

Sally, apologies for the previous hiccup, I pressed send by mistake!

If you are after lifting a stay on a bank case they will probably wheel on their legal heavies, otherwise my guess is that it will probably be a no show. Your credit card/loan cases look like the second scenario so you have just got to keep fighting and the dosh will surely come ... Brett

• 2 weeks later...

Hot off the presses so to speak. Not much news though.

Money Observer

West brom SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

Thanks for that though Sally, :D

F&Q's... Read here

We havn't spoken for ages. How are you? Looking forward to next week with SatNav at the ready. I don't have one of those (obviously not successful enough to run to that expense yet) so I don't have to worry about you getting lost.

Getting over 'flu and need to ask silly question. Using advance bank calc sheets going back to last century can I just go ahead and list them or am I being silly and have to use brown 'estimate of previous charges' line.

'An estimate of previous penalty charges can be entered in the brown box if charges have been applied before the six year period. This entry is inferred by the argument in bold above.'

Thanks in advance

West brom SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

I have a court date for visa end of January. I have reason to believe they issued default notice anyway. Going to get confirmation from Experion - already had free trial. Do I bring this to the attention of the judge right now or shall I wait till I issue non-compliance order for the older statements? They were ordered by ICO to send me all data but only went back to 1996. Can I put it all in POC or bring it to the court's attention in my court bundle (assuming it gets that far). Also they have failed to provide T&Cs so can I just use the copies we have available here? My judge is Judge Cooke so I have got to be on the ball. For those who don't know this he is the judge who found for Lloyds because the claimant didn't have any T&Cs.

You have been warned..........

West brom SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

• 3 weeks later...

Hi again Sally. I am also now being charged a late fee in addition to interest and receiving letters asking to bring the account up to date. Having remonstrated with them once more on the phone protesting that my cccs payment was fixed fairly and I couldn't pay any more, they let slip that my account would be defaulted in the next 3 monthly review and transferred to debt collectors Blair Oliver & Scott.

I know that you are fighting your default notice but I say bring it on in my case! Blair & co are aleady one of my cccs creditors from another bank and I know from experience that they play fair and square with no interest/charges and ready acceptance of the cccs calculated monthly payment. Also, my credit rating was already shot to pieces years ago so another default added to the pile makes little difference....

Good luck in court, assuming it's not stayed again

Brett

Brett

• 3 weeks later...

Silly me!!! Looked at their defence and I was actually claiming more than I should as I didn't understand Vamp's credit card spreadsheet properly. So I will have to accept their offer which is the correct amount near enough. So I was lucky to get anything. Sorry I will have to issue an iou as this only reduces the amount outstanding. Could have been a lot worse if I ended up in court with incorrect information. Lets not go there.

Just chalk it down to experience and can this be moved to successes please.

West brom SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

Well it is another one down for you!!

And .....

th_b2ce1dba136c46c28ef3e85423ff838b.gif

F&Q's... Read here

Many congratulations and well done, Sally! :D

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

th_Congratulations.gifSally

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you one and all but if brains were dynamite I had a damp squib on this particular one. All part of life's rich tapestry.

Will do better with my next visa claim - probably going for contractual (which I have done once before) once I get all data from them.

• Haha 1

West brom SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

I'm taking HFX to court on 2 contractual/over 6-year cases so will at the very least be able to give some moral support, Sally. Good luck! ;)

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

Thanks Mac. Just going to get court date out of the way later this month and then going for non-compliance. Have counted up all outstanding people who still owe me money and it is at least 10 accounts (some for the 2nd or 3rd time) so I am going to be around for another year at least. Will they start going 'oh no - not her again'.

West brom SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

• 5 weeks later...

Finally got round to filing at court today on my current account. This year, next year, sometime never. It will come around eventually plus the one that is stayed from last year.

Going to file for non-compliance on visa account though, hopefully this Friday.

West brom SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

At least its in the system now Sally. ;)

F&Q's... Read here

I came across the old paperwork from the 1st claim to be stayed. It states (erroriously) that I have 2 claims stayed. This is wrong because halifax settled my 1st ever claim after I submitted my N1. I didn't actually tell the court we had settled as it stopped there. Should I have done so as the stayed paperwork says both claims should be heard together as the judge could strike it as an abuse of court time (or whatever the strict legal term is).

What I am asking - in a nutshell - (a) should I inform the court that one claim was settled 12 months ago (b) should I be worried I now have 2 in the pipeline which are going to be stayed? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

West brom SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent