Argos - Very Annoyed Customer Please Help

mumto5
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5450 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I redecorated my daughters shared bedroomed and spent weeks saving for new furniture for them. I bought them a double wardrobe and 3 chest of drawers costing me a little under £450 , ok so no great amount but it's a lot for me. They look fantastic as very girly pink! BUT THEY COLLAPSE !

One set of drawers completely gave way and sliced all my 6 year old daughters arm!

They are flimsy and do not hold much but to just collapse when you open a drawer is not only annoying but very dangerous.

I bought them either just under or just over a year ago purchased on credit card - is there anything I can do?

Yes they were flat packed and my father put them together - they were fine for the first few months but after the drawers etc had been pulled open and closed they just started to loosen , we had hammered all the wooden paegs back into place time and time again and tightened all screws many times but they just loosen.

The accident happened when my young daughter went to get an item of clothing out of one drawer it opened then the drawer above it fell and the two above also fell so all drawers came tumbling down on her arm.

then you read the tiny print on another piece of paper that says, use wood glue on all pegs & never use an electric screwdriver to assemble this product.......i wonder?

had this with do-it-all a few years back.

even had the cheek to say, well you obviously have not read the warning and general assembly instructions in the back of our catalogue.

still got me money back!

dx

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Make sure you see a doctor, either send a letter to Customer Services or if you want try to take it back into store. If you do go for the store option demand a HAZNOT form be completed due to injury.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

Make sure you see a doctor, either send a letter to Customer Services or if you want try to take it back into store. If you do go for the store option demand a HAZNOT form be completed due to injury.

& don't take no for an answer as they'll probably claim it only applies if the injury occurs IN store