JSA will not pay me any money

HUYI
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5457 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i hope you have some popcorn at the ready, i have a long story to tell..

basically i have been on income benefit /incapacity benefit for a few years because of my severe depression and IBS

i went on the medical examination, like i do every year and awaited the results, i got 5 points (according to them i am fit and healthy and have no mental conditions whatsoever, then why would i show them so many medication and give them medical certificates every month then?)

i appealed, awaited a few months and was refused, my claim was then closed.

i applied for DLA and ESA and went to another medical examination, this time 0 points, i appealed again and was refused again, my DLA was also refused, even though i got advice from my CAB to apply for DLA i was still refused.

i then applied for ESA again, same thing went to medical exam again and was straight away given 0 points and was banned from applying ESA for six months, at this point i have had enough and just went on JSA.

while i was applying for JSA i got a letter confirming that my ESA has been stopped, i applied for JSA on the 3rd june over the phone, i was told to go to the jobcenter to the introduction interview at 8am BTW.

i went there at 8am in the morning and was told they could not find my original claim so i was told to fill out another form again, i was not happy about that, i finished the form off quickly and then left after i had finished with the interview.

i then receive a letter from housing benefit saying that my payments have been suspended and they i will have to show them proof that i am receiving nill income, so i had to sort that out at my local civic centre, only problem with that is my JSA has not been processed, we shall get into that later.

so after the 9th june i still did not receive a payment, i call them and they say they are still processing my claim, i wait a while and i sign on again on the 16th june, again i call them and they say to me my ESA claim is still open and needs to be closed, i told them it has been stopped, and i requested for them to close it and process my JSA claim, i also told them that if they do not process my JSA explain my housing benefit will be stopped, but like always they are not bothered and wouldn't care less if you was eating bread and water for a month.

so i left it for a week, called them back, they still haven't processed my claim and my ESA claim was still open!! at this point i was getting very annoyed, i have bills to pay and i have to eat and i have to rely on close family to help me out with food.

i then got angry with the staff at the other side of the phone saying a 5 year old could do a better job then you and slammed the phone down, they also said on the phone to me that they couldn't hear what i was saying and said that i was making noise or something and laughed at me, that got me really angry, sometimes i think that they stopped my ESA claim on purpose just because they can, i feel i was treated very unfair.

so i had to call ESA and close down the claim myself and the woman on the phone said she will email JSA and tell them to process my claim and call me back (yeah right)

so i left it for a few days again and called them again they STILL haven't processed my claim and will not pay me any money, i have a bill on the 8th july and will not be able to pay it i don't know what else to do i am going to CAB tomorrow and see what they can do there, i won't hold any hope for miracles right now.

so i'm going to loose my home, have no money and have no money to pay my bills either because these silly monkeys will not process my claim and give me any money, i have done what they have told me and signed on and looked for jobs but it still doesn't make a difference, i will say to them that if they do not pay me i will refuse to sign on and look for jobs, if they can't pay me and sort out my claim why should i do my side of the deal? my only option now would be to move in to a friends flat, i don't have any option because i will not be able to afford the rent as my housing benefit will be stopped soon.

can anyone give me some advice on what to do in my situation?

....i will say to them that if they do not pay me i will refuse to sign on and look for jobs, if they can't pay me and sort out my claim why should i do my side of the deal?

.....can anyone give me some advice on what to do in my situation?

Don't stop signing and looking for work as you will get a sanction for failing to seek employment and ultimately the JSA claim will be terminated.

Until ESA have completely closed the claim, and that includes any outstanding actions on the claim, JSA will not be able to build their cvlaim for you. This is because both ESA and JSA use the same system (JSAPS) and both cannot be live at the same time; normally it is the other way around, JSA haven't closed their claim preventing ESA from building a new claim. Either way you need to make sure that the ESA claim has been completely closed, should JSA say that the ESA claim is still showing as live then you need to contact ESA and speak to a supervisor.

With the sheer number of claims at present, these are being dealt with in date received order and unless a claim has gone past its target date it is a case of waiting. Frustrating I know. If it is more than 4 weeks since JSA received the initial claim then this should be processed as a matter of urgency as it will be past it's target date.

In terms of payment you could ask for an interim payment to be made, however there is no guarantee that this will be agreed and the decision to refuse cannot be appealed. If an interim payment is made then this will be offset against any arrears payable to you. Alternatively you can ask for a crisis loan.

Regards appeals for ESA, the more supporting information and evidence you can provide as to why you disagree with the decision, the better the chance that the appeal will be sucessful. You can appeal against the decision of the appeals tribunal, but to do so will involve you seeking legal advice and it is a formal legal process.

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

If you find the advice useful please click on my scales.

Don't stop signing and looking for work as you will get a sanction for failing to seek employment and ultimately the JSA claim will be terminated.

Until ESA have completely closed the claim, and that includes any outstanding actions on the claim, JSA will not be able to build their cvlaim for you. This is because both ESA and JSA use the same system (JSAPS) and both cannot be live at the same time; normally it is the other way around, JSA haven't closed their claim preventing ESA from building a new claim. Either way you need to make sure that the ESA claim has been completely closed, should JSA say that the ESA claim is still showing as live then you need to contact ESA and speak to a supervisor.

With the sheer number of claims at present, these are being dealt with in date received order and unless a claim has gone past its target date it is a case of waiting. Frustrating I know. If it is more than 4 weeks since JSA received the initial claim then this should be processed as a matter of urgency as it will be past it's target date.

In terms of payment you could ask for an interim payment to be made, however there is no guarantee that this will be agreed and the decision to refuse cannot be appealed. If an interim payment is made then this will be offset against any arrears payable to you. Alternatively you can ask for a crisis loan.

Regards appeals for ESA, the more supporting information and evidence you can provide as to why you disagree with the decision, the better the chance that the appeal will be sucessful. You can appeal against the decision of the appeals tribunal, but to do so will involve you seeking legal advice and it is a formal legal process.

i did phone JSA today and they said the claim for ESA has been closed, i've been waiting since the 3rd of june so that more than enough time for them to sort out my claim, you would be frustrated if you had bills and rent to pay, i cannot just wait around or i will loose my home, crisis loans are useless and they give you pennies and they take ages to come through.

i gave more than enough evidence to prove that i was sick, medical certificates, medication and recemdation from my GP, they still refused the medical examnation.