Haggis v MBNA - Enforceable Agreement?

haggis1984
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5161 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where does it say that if they incorrectly terminate they can only collect the arrears, and not the full balance?

I have no legal qualifications whatsoever, so please check any input I have for accuracy. And please correct me if you disagree!

Where does it say that if they incorrectly terminate they can only collect the arrears, and not the full balance?

Answered my own Q:

Consumer Credit) Enforcement, Default and Termination notices) Regulations 1983,

I have no legal qualifications whatsoever, so please check any input I have for accuracy. And please correct me if you disagree!

Wow, fun saturday night, letters to post on monday:

1. Complaint to ICO re sharing of personal info with Lowell;

2. Acceptance of unlawful recission to MBNA;

3. CCA request to Lowell;

4. Letter to Lowell re unlawful recission and entitlement to only alleged arrears.

Subbing before I start the same path...

Halifax Current Account £1583 WON 2007:)

Egg Credit Card £1822 WON 2008:)

BarclayCard £982 WON 2008:)

Natwest Current Account £2133 WON 2006:)

IF Accounts £1728 WON 2007:)[/size]

MBNA CCA request sent 10.2.09

BarclayCard CCA request 10.2.09

Barclays Bank SAR 16.2.09[/size]

Let the games continue...:D

Thanks for that info DD.

ICO previously found that HFC had breached DPA by failing to satisfy my SAR. Ive since moved house (but have a mail redirection in place with Royal Mail). HFC have refused to accept my new addy from the ICO and are insisting that I write to them with it.

Can I make this letter an LBA? If so how much time should I give them to respond? Getting seriously frustrated with them now.

Me either! Seems like I havent got any choice if I want them to respond to my SAR.

HFC aren't actually my creditor anymore if that makes any difference - the account transferred from them to MBNA over a year ago.

Think we've crossed wires DD:

Already sent SARs to both, and consequentley complained to ICO on both. ICO still investigating MBNA, but have found that HFC breach the DPA. Inspite of this HFC are still playing silly buggers and constantly stalling.

Moved house since sending SAR (at least 6 months ago). ICO have now advised that HFC wouldnt accept my new address from them, and that I need to send it to HFC who will then release info.

Think we've crossed wires DD:

Already sent SARs to both, and consequentley complained to ICO on both. ICO still investigating MBNA, but have found that HFC breach the DPA. Inspite of this HFC are still playing silly buggers and constantly stalling.

Moved house since sending SAR (at least 6 months ago). ICO have now advised that HFC wouldnt accept my new address from them, and that I need to send it to HFC who will then release info.

so send it then!!

That was quick - sar just arrived via DHS. from HFC

Pretty much useless - none of the info I asked for. No sign of any credit agreement or application form.

That was quick - sar just arrived via DHS. from HFC

Pretty much useless - none of the info I asked for. No sign of any credit agreement or application form.

Then take them to Court for compliance.

Here's how FUAFB did it against LTSB.

Most of it is usuable against ny creditor that fails to comply with the Data Protection Act - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/208966-me-them-sar-non.html

Main thing I need to find out is whether or not HFC have a credit agreement, and whether or not they supplied it to MBNA. Do you think I can get the info by taking them to court for SAR non-compliance?

If thats the case I was going to make a complaint to the ICO that HFC did not have my permission to pass my personal info to MBNA when they sold the account. What are your thoughts?

Have you SARd HFC Dots?

And have MBNA informed you that they are trying to obtain the original agreement from HFC? They told me this over 6 months ago :rolleyes: