MBNA sold to Experto - no CCA

LB145
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4974 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Forgot to mention also a leter arived for MBNA Act 2 (husbands) another copy of Application Form and T&C's etc. This account is 100% MBNA nothing to do with Virgin at all but the letter heading is Virgin - complete incompetence!!!

:D:D:D

I am sure you will have fun puting them out of their missery.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And finally.:)

don't speak to them on the phone

Taken note, loud & clear!!! Had a replacement mobile - all programmed numbers disapeared - I had a great colection of MBNA numbers - so I knew what to avoid!!!:p

As for those pictures - aren't they great how they personalise them (ha ha!!!)

Halifax Card (OH) -2.9% reinstated - Sucess!

Santander/House of Fraser (1) PPI Refund plus 8% plus LOC

Santander/House of Fraser (2) PPI Refunded plus 8% plus LOC

Penalty Charge Notice - Representation accepted and PN cancelled - £120

Taken note, loud & clear!!! Had a replacement mobile - all programmed numbers disapeared - I had a great colection of MBNA numbers - so I knew what to avoid!!!:p

As for those pictures - aren't they great how they personalise them (ha ha!!!)

Forgiven then:)

• 3 weeks later...

Virgin (MBNA) Recently sent another copy of the Application Form - they said this was for my SAR request came on Virgin headed and not on MBNA as previously they were combining them.

http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww132/Diamond40_photo/VirginCreditReplySide2July09.jpg

Don't know if it's much help to you but that image looked extremely familiar because I came accross them today while checking my filing cabinets. Although not an exact match, they are very very similar.

I've put a copy for you to have a look at where this extract probably came from -

http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu16/PRBrown_2/letter_with_card_ANON.jpg

The document is what was included with my MBNA credit card when it arrived. If you look closely you will see that it clearly states under the "Credit Agreement Regulated......" in the box, "This is a copy of your agreement for you to keep. It includes notice about your cancellation rights which you should read".

This document is dated sometime in 2002.

I guess you could assume that photocopy you have received is from a similar piece of paper which is a double-sided (small print) of their "credit agreement".

Edited by PRBrown
Sorry, had to replace original image since I'd accidently left the barcode in place

Partial Settlement letters for MBNA Account 1 and 3 - same letter received?

http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww132/Diamond40_photo/MBNASettlementOffer.jpg

Hi Vint

Firstly waht do you mean by complient agrement (for the benefit of anyone following the thread!! - not the blonde!)

Secondly, received another letter today from MBNA Account 3 - much the same as mine only they are requesting that should I wish to make a SAR then I need to send ID and £10 - this was done in June 2009 - responded by them in September and mentioned in numerous corespondence!!! :rolleyes:

Hi LB

I guess Vint means an agreement, signed, executed and with all the prescribed terms as required.

I too have had a letter from them today offering Partial settlement or a reduced payment plan and they also sent me an email today, stating they were going to default me or possibly pass the debt on to a third party, as is their legal right. (according to them)!

Like you, I requested CCA back in April, had nothing for the one, no acknowledgement, nothing. Put account in dispute in May, sent copies of letters in August. Still waiting for a reply. Virgin did send one of the cut off slips and I have yet to respond further to them.

I think I am spending too much time reading these threads and not taking action, it is very addictive, but so helpful too.

Hi Vint

Firstly waht do you mean by complient agrement (for the benefit of anyone following the thread!! - not the blonde!)

Complient with the CCA 1974, that is signed agreement containing all prescribed terms.

Secondly, received another letter today from MBNA Account 3 - much the same as mine only they are requesting that should I wish to make a SAR then I need to send ID and £10 - this was done in June 2009 - responded by them in September and mentioned in numerous corespondence!!! :rolleyes:

Too late for them to apply conditions. Complain to ICO about the severe delay. They will stop them messing around. If you sent the SAR in june, they have had more than enough time to ask for ID. Don't let them make you play their game.

Vint

Hi Vint,

You are right, I will keep at them.

I could do with some assistance from you on one of my threads please, I will send you a PM later today if that's ok?

This is the one http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/getting-out-debt/199647-capital-1-cca-request.html

If you get chance to read it I would be grateful.

I will post anything I think may be of use to you LB

Too late for them to apply conditions. Complain to ICO about the severe delay. They will stop them messing around. If you sent the SAR in june, they have had more than enough time to ask for ID. Don't let them make you play their game.

Vint

Hi Vint & all caggers following

They had further ID - crossed through licence etc and they sent me my SAR documents - where this second request has come from I don't know?

Dotty - ours are running paralell - same email and texts - today personal email address of person handling account requesting I call.

Vint - any chance of a wonderfuly worded letter re complient settlement - I admire your way of "pen to paper!" - my leters are normaly straight to the point but lack the legal quotes! please!

Vint - any chance of a wonderfuly worded letter re complient settlement - I admire your way of "pen to paper!" - my leters are normaly straight to the point but lack the legal quotes! please!

Vint is in demand, that's exactly what I am looking for help on, I Have drafted a reply for my Halifax CC and want a 2nd opinion, having read such a lot of threads, Vints letters appear a lot and they are always excellent!

I will now be preparing a letter for MBNA to see what sort of offer they will accept, in the view of not producing ANYTHING since my request for CCA in April!

Christmas is coming and I hear this is a good time for negotiating, will keep you posted.

D50 :)

• 2 weeks later...

Dotty whats your latest?

Vint are you still there? - not sure which direction to go - received letter same as last one with partial settlement rubbish - with a deadline of November 23 (tomorrow) - as mentioned previously these MBNA accounts are rather big amounts and I cannot see them being too nice and letting it go.:( Do you have a template letter that would be suitable.

Dotty whats your latest?

Vint are you still there? - not sure which direction to go - received letter same as last one with partial settlement rubbish - with a deadline of November 23 (tomorrow) - as mentioned previously these MBNA accounts are rather big amounts and I cannot see them being too nice and letting it go.:( Do you have a template letter that would be suitable.

Hi LB, Yes still here, just been out howling at the moon.

What sort of letter are you wanting to send?

They have failed to comply with your SAR, you having sent driving licence and £10. Did you report them to ICO.

Hi LB, Yes still here, just been out howling at the moon.

What sort of letter are you wanting to send?

They have failed to comply with your SAR, you having sent driving licence and £10. Did you report them to ICO.

Glad to receive your email - I have been waiting for the email to fly in (how sad am I?) yes sent driving licences (signatures crossed) and £10 for all accounts - they sent one of the PO for the Virgina account as the letter said that only one £10 was required (my MBNA Account 1 and Virgin)- I think I need to send a letter about the " partial settlement letter" perhaps about a compliant settlement - this MBNA is rather large and mounting with huge interest - these are the accounts that worry me at night.

Have not sent the complaint to the ICO - will do one today - I have been extremely busy workwise (mind you in one hand and allocated before its landed) and possibly trying hard not to face it - but onwards we go and face it I shall :lol:

Regarding the SAR, I would write to them simply stating:

I am in receipt of your letter dated xxxxxxx and note its contents.

You will be aware, that on xxxxxxxxxxx, I wrote to MBNA, persuant to the Data Protection Act, requesting full disclosure of all data held by yourselves, pertaining to me as the Data Subject. These letters are enclosed.

You have now written to me, again requesting Identification and a fee of £10 in order to fulfill this request. Both identification and the statutory fee were supplied to you on xx June 2009. A copy of this letter is also enclosed.

As you have exceeded the statutory time limit of 40 days to supply this information, I have instigated an official complaint to the Information Commisioners Office and now await their response.

You can of course mitigate the effects of your breach of the DPA, by supplying the required data without further delay.

Yours xxxxxxx

With regards to the partial settlement, I think that earlier I referred to a complient agreement. The letter for which we have already sent. You can remind them of that, enclosing a copy of that letter.

Regarding the partial settlement, just to be clear, it will be marked on your credit file as such and they can then sell the ballance on to a DCA, who will start again with the games.

If you are concidering any settlement, it must be a Full and Final settlement, with data recording removed.

Edited by vint1954
spegnlig mosticks

I really am unsure about a final settlement - obviously the amount has to be low and enticing - definately will not consider a partial settlement just panicking about where this is going to take me and my family!! there is a chance my son will be going to Uni and need to sort our finances out so that we can help were possible. I will read back into the thread for the compliant letter - thanks

Just reading back compliant letter was mentioned but not sure if one was pasted up - any chance of one knocking about!!!;)

Hi LB

Yes I am still around, just had a busy week, got another letter off to CAP1.

Now need to get letters of to MBNA, just got to decide what to send to them, I have one card to which they have failed to respond to my CCA request in April and another (Virgin) they have sent a signed tear off slip, which is illegible!

I will post any response I get, but don't hold your breath waiting!