A potential problem with Npower

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5434 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bit of background first.

We changed from E-On to N-Power in February but wasn't happy with the tarrif they put us on & wouldn't change it, we transfered back to E-on in March. In April we get a Gas Bill from Npower for £150 bearing in mind we have the Quantum System Pre-payment meter & have between £30 - 40 on this meter at the time we were with Npower, so I contacted Npower and told them that I have a Quantum System Pre-payment meter & had so much on this meter & couldn't understand how this happened, I need a reading for them, they went off to investigate, I then contacted my supplier to ask what was going on, they asked for a reading, which I gave them & told me not to worry.

Today I get in the post from Npower a final bill for wait for it £11.50, its not alot but its the principal of that I DO NOT owe them any money as far as I'm concerned, checked my Gas Meter & theres still plenty on my meter. What letter do I send to Npower & tell them that I don't owe them a penny? Any help would be appreciated. Sorry if this post rambles slightly its been a long day & very tired eyes 7 brain cells.

I agree why should you pay them a penny. This matter is a civil matter so they have to prove their case.

The best thing is to write to them disputing the debt and ask them to provide evidence to sustantiate their alleged debt. Ask them to provide an itemised breakdown of the amount involved.

Something along the lines

Dear Sir,

Re: Alleged Debt amount £nnnn.nn

You have made an allegation of a debt existing. I deny this debt and would require you to provide evidence to support your case. At the very least please provide an itemised breakdown of the alleged charges.

I will not accept any communication from you unless it is in writing. Please note that as the debt is disputed, as per OFT guidelines, this matter should not be passed to any debt collection agencies.

In the meantime the debt is disputed and denied.

your sincerely

===============

Send your reply recorded delivery and keep the receipt. They can't go claiming to have not received the letter if you do it this way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Little slow on updating this, recieved a letter dated 20th June stating:

Thanks for your letter with regards to the outstanding balance on your account.

I can confirm to you that there is currently nothing outstanding on your account with ourselves. You can be confident that the account is now clear and closed.

Trust this has been helpful.

Kind regards.

Bye bye NPower I think.

UPDATE:

Little slow on updating this, recieved a letter dated 20th June stating:

Thanks for your letter with regards to the outstanding balance on your account.

I can confirm to you that there is currently nothing outstanding on your account with ourselves. You can be confident that the account is now clear and closed.

Trust this has been helpful.

Kind regards.

Bye bye NPower I think.

A great result. Make sure you keep that letter in case they try it on again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------