Monument / St Raphaels CCA Reply Card Sent - is this valid?

MurphyW
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4562 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Murph,

I am sure many on here would agree that an offer of 50% discount implies that they have nothing considered enforceable (at the moment).

I have had some letters from them which I have not responded to and not heard anything since, although maybe they are deciding what discount to offer me!

I would start at an offer of 10%, if i felt inclined of had the funds!

• 3 months later...

HI again,

Well it's been a while but things have been static until last month (Feb 2011)

Here is the last letter that I had from Circuit regarding the fact that they do not seem to agree that the case that Monument are putting forward has any flaws in it!!

MonmentCircuitInvestigationCompletep1011210.jpg

and page 2

MonmentCircuitInvestigationCompletep2011210.jpg

then all has been quiet until 7th Feb when a company C.A.R.S (Creditlink Account Recovery Solutions Limited) came on the scene - see next post

Murphy

Hi Dotty,

Hope you are doing OK and managing to work through yours.

I am now officially a confirmed resident according to C.A.R.S. and they seem to think that they can be pushier than others and also flaunt the law about harassment and doorstep contacts.

Here is their first "letter":

MonmentCARSConfirmResident020211.jpg

Now on the 22nd Feb i received their next polite letter threatening legal proceedings. Unfortunately they did not use any references on their letter that related to any accounts that I allegedly have ever owned!

MonmentCARSIntendedLegalProc170211.jpg

I wrote back about the second letter:

MonmentCARSincorrectreferences.jpg

Will write to them in respect of the first one to tell them that it is illegal to harass a customer when the account is in serious dispute and noot to darken my doorstep!

I will also try to find out by what authority they act especially without my signed agreement.

Any ideas or observations will be welcome.

Best

Murphy

Hi Dotty,

50% is nowhere near the discount that I would consider at the moment!

Be interested to see where they go with this too!

Hope you are doing OK.

Yours

Murphy

• 8 months later...

Hi All,

Just to quickly update this thread: -

In the end as we have a number of credit cards we decided to stop paying them all (including my other half's) and put all through a Debt Management Plan. Saved me loads of time and angst as they now handle all correspondence for all our debts leaving me free to concentrate on earning money to pay it all off sometime in the future.

I wish all on here successful claiming, as I'm sure there are ways forward for all depending on individual circumstances.

Best Wishes and thanks for all your comments, help and replies.

I learnt loads and can now also help other people in similar circumstances whenever possible.

Yours

Murphy