rotten Egg!

plumberjon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5479 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi can anyone help

My ex-wife to be (only weeks left now YAY!), had a credit card account with Egg that was started aroud 2000-2001 ish.

She liked to spend money and not worry about paying it back, hence the "ex" bit!

However, there was a balance owing on her card which amounted to nearly £7k, but that was including all their chages and interest I presume.

They have succeeded in getting a CCJ and have had the debt applied as a charge on the property.

Is there anything she can do to challenge this. I'm assuming that they MUST have a signed CCA, as they did get to court with it and won? Or doesn't that mean anything?

Any help please!

PJ.

PlumberJon :-D

UNUS VIR OBVIAM ORBIS TERRARUM

Are you being harrassed by a DCA or Brighthouse. Click the link for OFT Debt collection guidelines. Chances are, they could be in breach of some part of sections 2 or 3 or both!

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

I just give advice, I can't do it for you though!!

If you were helped, then please wiggle my scales, and you might get a wiggle back!!!

They did not necessarily have the agreement.

There is a lot of paperwork before it gets to a charging order on your property.

Your wife would have received a claim form from the court, she obviously did not defend, the claimants got judgment forthwith and then went straight for a charging order.

Both you and your ex should have received a fairly long letter from the Land Registry explaining that a restriction was to be placed on the property (I assume you were joint property owners) but that it would only affect your wife's (sorry soon to be ex) half of the property not yours even though I still think it affects both proprietors.

There would then have been a hearing for the charging order absolute at which your ex should have attended to oppose the application and give objections to which I assume she did not.

There is a fairly lengthy process before a charging order is made absolute on your property (I have been there) I have a box file full from when the claim form was issued until the final charging order hearing date.

Did you not receive anything at all.

Without being too personal is the matrimonial home about to be sold and was the credit card company aware of this.

This certainly needs some investigating if no papers were ever received.

HH