sold car to garage and now he is asking me for service history that doesnt exist

peazy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5467 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Traded in 2 cars and bought 2 cars from same garage he viewed 1 of them and offered me 10k the service history book was in the car and the owners manual he looked at neither and didnt ask about the service history. The 2nd car was in another garage having repair work done but he offered me a price for that too which I accepted, he agreed for us to pick up both "new" cars that weekend despite the 2nd vehicle he had taken in part ex would still be at another workshop.

Confusing I know

He now wants to vet unseen car and wants full service history for 1st car, which doesnt exist because he now realises what he assumed was wrong.

I am now concerned that he will demand for the 2 "new" cars to be returned. Any ideas where I stand

It really depends on what sort of contract you have, anything in writting?

Would you buy a car that you had not seen? I doubt he will ask for you to return them, but cahnge the value and ask for some cash adjustment; good old bargaining coming into play now.

Have sales invoice for both "new" cars! dont think he would be very sympathetic if the shoe was on the other foot!

He didnt ask and I didnt think about it being a trader you would assume that he would know what he was looking for when taking a car in

But thanks for the heads up