won Claim for return of College fees-service not provided - now Suing for loss of earnings.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5047 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi LP,

Please find letter attached. I've relly just filled in the blanks. I'm not quite sure what else to write as it's all been said before and it all seems very very obvious.

You got the dates wrong!!! You wrote HSBC before the 4th November - I don't remember the date - to advise them of the winding up petition, not on 20th November. The letter on 20th November was that you are willing to sign the Application by Consent.

You really did zilch work, and that frustrates me. I made clear that I help people to help themselves, but don't want to just do all the work for them! All you did was copied and pasted my far from perfect work into a document - with nothing else besides for filling in the dates - at least one of them incorrectly.

Please make an effort in future, or I will drop off this thread.

Please advise of the date that you sent the letter to HSBC advising them of the petition and the hearing on 4th November to hear that petition.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

:-) If you feel my post has been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

Where did 4th Nov come from? I don't see it in the letter. I did not advise them of the winding up petition because I did not want to throw £5 down the toilet. You said it wouldn't have much bearing on my case so I left it until the 20th to advise them.

I did say that I just filled in the blanks and this is because i don't know what I am supposed to be writing to them. You've not told me what the jist of the letter is supposed to be. You just gave me some points.

I explained this in my previous post, just not in so many words. It all seems to have been said before so I don't know what you want me to write about.

Where did 4th Nov come from? I don't see it in the letter. I did not advise them of the winding up petition because I did not want to throw £5 down the toilet. You said it wouldn't have much bearing on my case so I left it until the 20th to advise them.

I did say that I just filled in the blanks and this is because i don't know what I am supposed to be writing to them. You've not told me what the jist of the letter is supposed to be. You just gave me some points.

I explained this in my previous post, just not in so many words. It all seems to have been said before so I don't know what you want me to write about.

Firstly, I said it's worth doing. You didn't tell me that you didn't do it. I didn't say it wouldn't have much bearing on the case - but said that it is not likely to do so! Nobody can guarantee whether things like that will have a bearing on the case, as the only things guaranteed in life are; you breathe, pay taxes and die!!!

Secondly, why would I write that you advised them of it and then something else in different paragraphs if it was one letter? You made no attempt to understand what I wrote, and from what you write above don't understand it - and have not asked me questions! It is imperative you understand everything and if you don't, to ask, because otherwise when and if that Application goes to hearing you will lose - and through no fault of anybody's besides for your own!!!

Now please come back ASAP and re-read what you wrote - which I will rephrase at about 10am - and ASK if you don't understand!!!! I'm not a mind-reader (if I was I'd be a multi-millionaire and would be paying people to help CAGgers, rather than helping myself!!!) so don't know what you do and don't understand!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

Ok, so what is the jist of the letter? It all seems to have been said before or seems to be very obvious. That's why I'm a little confused.

Where did the 4th Nov you mentioned come from?

Shall I remove the comment about advising them of LITR winding down altogether or combine it with the point after?

Ok, so what is the jist of the letter? It all seems to have been said before or seems to be very obvious. That's why I'm a little confused.

The point - which seems surprisingly obvious to me - is to concisely advise the court and Defendant's Solicitors of exactly what's happened since the claim was issued and respond to the application to show that the application is without merit.

Yes, some of the issues have been mentioned already, and seem glaringly obvious - to you and me - but don't underestimate the stupidity of some of those working on behalf of, or for, financial institutions!

Where did the 4th Nov you mentioned come from?

4th November was the date of the hearing for the winding-up petition - which you should remember considering the amount of times it was mentioned here!!!

Shall I remove the comment about advising them of LITR winding down altogether or combine it with the point after?

No. I'll amend it all sometime tonight.

Now please re-read everything so far - and ASK if you don't understand something specific - it is YOU who would be attending any hearing and YOU who need to talk, NOT me, so if YOU don't understand absolutely EVERYTHING, including the Particulars of Claim - YOU will be screwed, NOT me!

When you say "application", do you mean their disagreement to the judgement in default? Or their defence in general?

Because, as I understand it, their letter is just challenging the fact that the judgement in default was earlier than it should have.

When you say "application", do you mean their disagreement to the judgement in default? Or their defence in general?

An Application is an Application. An Application cannot mean anything else than the copy of the Application you received.

Because, as I understand it, their letter is just challenging the fact that the judgement in default was earlier than it should have.

Wrong! That would be useless. If they would pay within one month of the date of judgment being granted the CCJ would be removed permanently from record, so such an Application would be even more useless and a bigger waste of money than the one they made!

The Application is - as you would understand if you read clearly what I had written - because they are under the impression - due to not being too competent, to say the least - that the 1st Defendant (LITR) can and will file a defence; and as such they would have a defence. What they seem to fail to want to realize is that LITR are even more incompetent than they are and won't admit to it, but also won't deny it as they couldn't care less now they're being wound up!

Now do you understand?

When you clearly understand I'll edit what I've done so far and post it up.

In the meanwhile if you receive ANYTHING please post it up here IMMEDIATELY.

Completely understood. I shall await your post per your instruction.

Thanks LP.

Good. If I post up a letter by 10am can you come here, print & sign everything and send it all Special Delivery today?

Yes! As long as I am able to fit this into my lunch hour. The post office queues are stupidly long nowadays. This is not an excuse, it's just reality. I will do my utmost.

needadvice1:

PLEASE FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS TO THE LETTER!

Attached is the document.

1. Fill in the Claim Number at the top right of the page [in replacement of the '...'].

2. Fill in your full name - as on the Claim Form - at the top of the page and the bottom of the last page [in replacement of the '...'].

3. Print 3 copies, sign all 3.

4. Copy 3 copies of:

a) Your letter dated 20th November 2009.

b) The Special Delivery receipt of 20th November 2009.

c) The Judgment in Default against LITR [not against HSBC].

d) Both Special Delivery receipts of 14th October 2009 for sending the claim forms - to LITR AND HSBC.

Attach them in that order to the back of the documents.

Keep one bundle for yourself - signed with all the attachments.

Prepare a short cover letter stating as follows;

23rd December 2009

Dear Sirs,

Please find attached the Claimants Response to the 2nd Defendants Application to Set Aside Judgment in claim number
9WD...

Sincerely,

For the copy to HSBC's Solicitors (only) add the words 'WITHOUT PREJUDICE, SAVE AS TO COSTS' to the right of the page directly below "Dear Sirs,".

Fill in the two gaps (name & claim number).

Address both letters with the full addresses.

Print 2 copies of each. Sign both copies. Keep one of each for yourself.

If there was a fax number for HSBC's Solicitors, then send their cover letter together with one bundle by fax to them, AND THEN PUT IT IN AN ENVELOPE, ADDRESSING THE ENVELOPE.

Fax a copy of the letter to Watford County Court together with one bundle to them. Then put it in an envelope, addressing the envelope.

Take them both to the Post Office and send them Special Delivery.

Confirm here when ALL is done!

WORK FAST AND COMPETENTLY & YOU CAN DO IT ALL WITHIN 15 MINS (BESIDES POST OFFICE) WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!

ResponsetoApplication.rtf

Thanks for this LP, once again.I definitely cannot do this today as I'm at work now and don't have access to all of the above required documentation. I shall do this all tonight and send it tomorrow no matter what.

You wrote you'd do it today in lunch break! Wasn't it obvious you'd need the file? If not, start thinking! I'm losing it!

Change the date near the end of the document to 24th December 2009.

You have to do it before 12pm tomorrow, because the Post Office closes either 12pm or 12:30pm tomorrow.

And it won't arrive till 29th December 2009 because you're sending it tomorrow - that's if they're open then. Most Solicitors firms aren't open till 4th January after tomorrow lunchtime!

All prepared for posting tomorrow. Can't thank you enough LP. An amazing amount of help once again.

Thank me by bringing this thread to a close ASAP and following my instructions to the letter, learning for the future and asking logical questions - so you can learn for the future - when you have them!

All done, faxed and posted via SD.

Good! Now we wait!

I agree car and mine is like nightmare on elm street. Good work LP as always:D

Nightmare on elm street is a joke compared to yours frettful!!!!! :mad:

Oh LP you know you don't mean that;)

Oh, I do! Don't kid yourself woman, you're talking to somebody who has issued over 650 court claims and is batting over 98% success - besides for the help on CAG - and about 50% of those claims were for me. And I can honestly say I have had ONE case that has come close to yours in being as big a nightmare - and I've had some nightmares!

But the advantage is that when [not if, but when] you succeed and get paid, the feeling will be a lot better than a quick win against the likes of British Trouble [which including subsidiaries for me number 21]!

Nice to see you have not changed LP, I wish you a very merry xmas god knows if anyone deserves it you do.

Take care and hopefully I will be back in the New Year with some good news:D

My merry Xmas will be booze-up and study! I've got loads of wine, whisky & beer left over from the feast. I'm also making some sausages today, seeing as I have a sausage maker and know how to now.

Enjoy all, and hope to hear lots of good news in 2010 (I've got 12 hearings scheduled between 1st February & about 20th April, so far!)