Next Directory debt - where to start?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5411 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I'm finally taking my head out of the sand and dealing with my Next & Littlewoods debt. (I'll post the littlewoods one in a separate thread).

I've been unemployed since mid Feb, receiving job seekers allowance and simply cannot make the required payments. Current balance with them is £560 and i'm 3 months behind in my payments.

I've been reading through various threads & find they've inspired me enough to get my head out the sand and deal with the problem. Obviously I need to get in touch with them, are there any kind of template letters here that I can use? What about the CCA request - do i do that first :?

Am a bit unsure as to where to start here, any help greatly appreciated.

Carol :)

Hi there,

Get the CCA request off ASAP.

Letter 7 - The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

Amend to suit, do NOT sign, enclose £1.00 postal order.

Help us to keep on helping.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums.

This site is run solely on donations.

You can make a donation

HERE. Thank you.

Any advice & opinions given by supasnooper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Read this report against Next.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/dca-legal-successes/125434-lewis-debt-recovery-next.html

It will give you some encouragement and that things can be won.

Please note that I am not a solicitor or legally trained. The advice I give is from my own personal experience based on my own personal circumstance. If you choose to follow any advice I may give, please make sure you understand the implications of following that advice. :-)

thanks dinkjames, makes me feel a bit more hopeful.

I've bookmarked their terms & conditions link on post 8 of that thread, i had to laugh tho at the bit that said "When you apply to open a Next Account, a Credit Agreement will be sent to you and you must read this carefully, sign both copies and return one copy to us." I never did receive anything from them to sign & return lol

It's a scary thought at possibly having to go down the Courts route, but i know i'm in the right place should it come to that, thanks :D

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, Next have eventually replied to my request of 12 May - their reply is dated 26 May, received on 29 May.

It starts off by saying:

"please find enclosed a true copy of the credit agreement. We are satisfied that this meets with our obligations under Section 78 of the CCA" - what they have attached is just a blank credit agreement, no signatures of mine on it, but the signature of an employee signed on behalf of next retail ltd.

Then there's a bit of a spiel about section 78, and then goes on to say;

"In light of this, an in the absence of any evidence to suggest that you did not order and/or receive goods delivered, Next will continue to seek payment of the balance of £569 owed by you. It is noted that you have neither denied ordering or receiving Next goods.

A default entry will be made on the credit reference file, which may affect the ability to obtain credit in the future. Making payment to clear the balance will enable the credit files to show as satisfied."

Whats my course of action now, is it letter 20 on this page? The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

Actually starting to get quite excited about this now - sad i know, i dont have much of a social life :D

Thanks ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Sent off the 'account in dispute letter' to them on 5th June. They actually replied within the 14 days, received their reply on Thursday 18th.

All it says is that it acknowledges my letter and that they have passed it over to their customer relations correspondence manager and that they will contact me again at the earliest opportunity.

I guess I just sit back now and play the waiting game until I hear?

Is there anything else I should be doing in the meantime?

Regards

Carol

Edited by carolmac34

• 4 weeks later...

Good evening all :)

Having not heard anything from Next since 18 June (their reply to my account in dispute letter), they have now passed the debt onto Westcot Credit Services, from whom i received a letter this morning. (They want the full amount paid by 22 July, yeah right)

I've gone through some of the Westcot threads & can see that they're a shady bunch, from what some folks have posted. Obviously I should contact them, but i'm unsure which letter i should be using?

Can someone advise me please which of the template letters I should be sending to Westcot? Is it no.17 on this page? The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

Many thanks in advance

Kind regards

Carol ;)

Can someone advise me please which of the template letters I should be sending to Westcot? Is it no.17 on this page?

That's the one. ;)

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

• 2 weeks later...

Hi :)

Received reply from Wescot this morning,thanking me for my letter.

It goes on to say "however, to enable ourselves to investigate your query further we request that you provide full details of your dispute in writing in order that we can liaise with our client. We look forward to receiving the above by return, along with payment for cover part of the balance which is not in dispute".

Now, I'd have thought that "their client", Next, would have given them full details already when they passed it onto them? And as for me sending them payment - haa, nice try :rolleyes:.

So... should i write back to Wescot enclosing a copy of all my correspondence to Next, or should i just politely tell them to go back to Next who should be able to give them what they need?

Have read over a few of the other Wescot threads, should I also be sending them the CCA Request letter?

Thanks guys :)

Edited by carolmac34

Just point out that as the are are acting for Next they will be well aware of what the dispute is, "Failure to produce an enforceable CCA" the same as the thousands of other disputes they have/will handle. :rolleyes:

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Thanks cerberusalert... I'll put this in a short letter back to them in the morning & with any luck they wont bother me again ;) (best not hold my breath eh :rolleyes:).

Will update again when i hear anything.

Regards, C