OPC Ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5518 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Peeps, need some help on this one please.

Today me and my family went out shopping, and in a rush to park I ended up parking by accoident in a disable spot. Silly mistake, but easily done as all the bays except this one on the end was disable, so looking at the other bays I parked into it. (there was no little blue disable sign, however a print on the floor is present)

After a while I returned to a nasty yellow sticky envelope.

I then realised it was a disable bay and thought 'silly me i'll just pay it'....

until i saw that the sum of £100 is payable and will be reduced to £50 if paid within 14 days!! This is too much for me to afford and am a bit upset. You can understand £25 or so, but this amount is ridicilous.

Further more, the bay has no warning of a fixed penalty offence if breached. I drove around and saw a OPC notice sign as you enter the car park and their are other signs around the car park, but they are printed very small. I will picture the sign and post it in the next day or so.

Not sure what I should do and whether they will say the sign prior to entering states you agree to conditions of parking.

Any help will be great.

I presume you are talking about a private car park for the shopping complex. Certainly with a charge of £100 it doesn't sound like a council issued PCN.

If you could confirm it is a PPC invoice then the advise will be to pop it in a drawer and leave it there.

Do not write to them

Do not telephone them

Do not reply to any of their letters

Do not pay them

Whatever you do they will buy your details for £2.50 from the DVLA.

Then they will send you threatening junkmail. Completely ignore them - chances of court are less than 1%. No chance of them winning even if they did - you just have an unenforceable invoice. Ignore it.

how comes their are all sorts of templates on this site?

is that for people who have already initiated contact with the company?

kind regards & thanks for the replies.

The templates were kindly written by a member some time ago and although they are still valid in what they say, over time the general opinion has moved to one of having no contact with the PPC at all.

By all means use one if you see a need, but experience has shown that the PPC never backs off just because you write to them, and in fact it often only guarantees you will receive even more junk mail.