Have V5 in previous owners name...

Denzlepob
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5490 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just bought a motorcycle in bits, the V5 and frame and engine numbers all tie up, the chap I bought the bike from didn't bother to register it in his name, he has given me the V5 unsigned and still in the previous owners name, how can I register as the new owner?

Cheers.

Denz.

Just bought a motorcycle in bits, the V5 and frame and engine numbers all tie up, the chap I bought the bike from didn't bother to register it in his name, he has given me the V5 unsigned and still in the previous owners name, how can I register as the new owner?

Cheers.

Denz.

all you need to do is fill in the new keeperes section, this is normally a green section and then post it off to te dvla and they will send you a new one with you as the registered keeper, if it asks for the signature of the previous keeper, just put a squiggle in there. I deal with v5`s every day and this is all we do.

Is a squiggle enough?

Yep, The DVLA will have no idea of the previous owner's signature.

The method outlined previously will work and nobody will probably be any the wiser.

The official method is to send off the new keeper section (section 10 in green) with a completed V62 form to the DVLA who will then issue a new V5C in your name. There is no fee payable for this (see section D on the V62).

Don't forget to SORN online immediately that the bike is registered to you.