What Made You Smile Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2011 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My dog loves playing with a ball on a rope. She gets the rope in her mouth and shakes her head wildly so the ball goes round the back of her head and hits her on the back of her neck. I've never seen another dog do anything like it. We have noticed that now and again they disappear so OH makes her new ones out of a tennis ball and a bit of rope.

DD bumped into a neighbours granddaughter today who mentioned that she keeps seeing balls fall into her gran's garden and throws them back over the 6 foot fence. DD asked if they're on a rope which they are, so as we suspected when the dog lets go of the rope and throws the ball around the garden herself they go over the fence. DD's friend couldn't believe the dog was throwing it over but thought it would explain why no-one said thank you when she threw it back.

I'll take a video of her doing it one of the days and post it up. It has to be seen to be believed!! :p

We used to have a collie/whippet cross that would attack the bags as we came in from shopping, tear out the tins of dog food then shake them to 'death' so violently that you took your life in your hands just by being in the kitchen. I won't even go into the carnage that occurred when my Mum thought it would be a good idea to try that dog food that comes as a sausage in a plastic wrapper.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

lol we had a cross staffie/jack russell he was as mental as a box of frogs....i used to have a 6 foot cane with a little thing tied to the end of it and make the dog chase it round in a circle as I held one end he'd chase the other as I spun around and he used to run in such tight circles at times he'd not bother the use his front leg that was nearest to the ground to the turn...."hard to explain what I mean here in written words" but it used to make me laugh so much and for a short legged dog he could cover some ground he was totally off his box.....he used to just flip in the rear garden at times and just run at astronomical speeds for such a little dog and then just like that he'd stop and look about and look back at us and wonder why we were all peeing ourselves laughing ...he was a nutta lol.....my boys named him Riley due to I'd began calling him "big issue" due to he'd came to us in a big cardboard box :lol:

last thing I had on a rope was soap....nyst wont get that one but the elders in here will :lol:

talking of things on ropes .....it's almost time to check me conkers:madgrin:

I remember soap on a rope - back in the 80's Marks and Spencer used to do a range for men which had a soap on a rope - it smelled gorgeous. I used to keep the rope after the soap had gone just so I could still smell it.

Many years later after hubby died, I found one of those ropes and the smell was still there - really strange, felt like he was stood behind me.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

ahhhhh Ellenn a big hug wing-ing it's way to you x....I found a little bottle of youth dew a few years ago that Sue used to use and it had the stopper still in so I took it out and that smell was there she was there in my minds eye...big hug again x

They never leave us Burly :)

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Do you remember the great smell of Brut?

mp1a51PIvywUgzSkRDxAQjA.jpg

The best thing i have seen on a rope was Saddam Hussein.

Edited by tonycee

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

ha ha tony hadnt heard that one afore....

yes I hope Sue is with me all the time but she goes for a cuppa whenever I fill in me lotto ticket...she's got some answering to do one day x SUE x

Edited by burlyb

a friend of mine was a hod carrier to a gang of really gobby brickies some years back and one brickie said to him once to hold onto the brick line and so he did then the brickie said hey look ....dope on a rope ....when Rob told me that i was fuming and said well one day mate i hope you can show him who the dope was....Rob now owns a really successfull scaffolding firm and no doubt will be bumping into that brickie sometime

We had those ball on a rope things. They didn't last 5 minutes!

Libby's got through a few of them, but we've found they're best without plastic. Best of all are the one's my husband makes with a tennis ball and ..... well you can guess the rest ...:rolleyes: Give her a ropeless tennis ball and it's useless and loses the felt in no time and is then in bits, but if she can shake it about it's fine.

The best thing about Brut was the advert's. Splash it on all over! Unfortunately many men took our 'enry at his word and could empty a room in seconds when they wafted in.

Funnily enough I found an old bottle of Coty L'Aimont the other day which was one of my mum's favourites. Isn't it funny how smells bring back memories. :-)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Libby's got through a few of them, but we've found they're best without plastic. Best of all are the one's my husband makes with a tennis ball and ..... well you can guess the rest ...:rolleyes: Give her a ropeless tennis ball and it's useless and loses the felt in no time and is then in bits, but if she can shake it about it's fine.

The best thing about Brut was the advert's. Splash it on all over! Unfortunately many men took our 'enry at his word and could empty a room in seconds when they wafted in.

Funnily enough I found an old bottle of Coty L'Aimont the other day which was one of my mum's favourites. Isn't it funny how smells bring back memories. :-)

It's my Mum's favorite too...in fact, I still buy her a gift pack of it every year for Christmas. I can still remember the smell wafting over me as she left with my Dad to go and see Jonny Matthis at the NEC. :|

Lovely lady my Mum, but her taste in music made me glad to leave home. :lol:

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

It's my Mum's favorite too...in fact, I still buy her a gift pack of it every year for Christmas. I can still remember the smell wafting over me as she left with my Dad to go and see Jonny Matthis at the NEC. :|

Lovely lady my Mum, but her taste in music made me glad to leave home. :lol:

I think your Mum's taste is a tad better than my Mum's was. Val Doonican, Perry Como and The Bachelors were among her favourites!! :-(

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

There is a Croc Appreciation Society on Facebook. My first post some months ago was a link to the definition of a crocodile because the description of the group is "everything croc related".

This morning, I said it's tempting to post pictures of crocodiles. The admin then threatened to use the Remove from Group button on me...

theres an online live feed "pardon the punn" gator cam connection to gatorland zoo "the cam is right next to a board walk and walkway that goes over a part of swamp where the crocs and gators lay in wait for any morsel of burger that may happen to drop in" we used to drop ice cubes from our drinks into the water and watch they go divy when they discoverd they had been tricked :-x:lol: I have a go on it now and then when I miss florida :|

Darling daughter passing her Dissertation today . . . . . I'm sooooooooo proud of her.

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Alcohol!! something with patients and A&E. Another nurse in the making :D

Got Debt problems?

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

I don't have any experience in the subject myself :D

Got Debt problems?