style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5481 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hallowitch is right - don't waste your time talking to them put it all in writing copy your council in to everything.

Are the council saying you owe them £152 to satisfy the liability order?

Have you asked how much they have recieved from Newlyns - is this correct??

Also Newlyns will not ring the council about anything so get it in writing and send it off ASAP

Have you asked how much they have recieved from Newlyns - is this correct??

P

Hi

Been reading your thread with interest. I am going through a similar thing with Newlyns, loads of charges added to my account.

I absolutely agree, find out how much Newlyns have paid to your Local Authority - I have registered with my Local Authority to get access to my account online and I found out that even though I have paid £721.00 to Newlyns but only £301.50 has made it's way from them into my council tax account yet. :-x

make sure you have proof of all your payments and double check them very carefully.

Good luck

Apple x

It is important to remember that all bailiff company's are acting as agents for the local authority and therefore the local authority is wholly responsible not only for the actions of the bailiffs in pursuing a liability order and more crucially, the fees that the bailiff charges.

It is simply nonsense for a local authority to be unable to provide you with a full breakdown of the fees and charges.

A screenshot of the account is a copy of the computer record held by the company of your account. This is a crucial document, as it lists precise times of visits, the name of any bailiff who would have attended your property and also details of any queries you may have raised with the company and details of any levy that may have been made .

The details on the screenshot are provided by way of the bailiff's "magic pen" which transmits via Bluetooth technology, details of the visits made etc.

All bailiff company's acting on behalf of local authorities must provide information such as this if requested as it is your own personal data.

I have yet to receive my breakdown of charges requested 17th April from Newlyn and the council have refused to take the account back. My local MP has spoken to them but he is looking through the papers but states it looks like the council are unwilling to change their mind. Considering I have complaint with the court going through regarding the bailiffs, is there a letter I can send to the MP stating any rights for the council to take the debt back. I would also like to make clear to him the point raised above,

"It is important to remember that all bailiff company's are acting as agents for the local authority and therefore the local authority is wholly responsible not only for the actions of the bailiffs in pursuing a liability order and more crucially, the fees that the bailiff charges"

ANy advice please.

The court claims advisor has suggested keeping the account for a week to put before a judge she uses regularly. Not sure if this is in my favour or not, however I am sure the longer Newlyn take, hopefully the more they will be questioned about non compliance.

Edited by k1mmie

Just had a really interesting conversation from the Northampton Court. They told me Newlyn have given them a very detailed written report. Shame they haven't even sent me my list of charges yet - a month down the line.

They are sending me a copy, but it may go before the judge Monday. I asked her if it named the bailiff and she said it had, but when I told her the name I was given she said, I do not have the report to hand, but that did make me look into it a bit and he had his license taken away by the court. So be interesting to see if they name him in the court report.

ok. Got the report back today from the court with Newlyns response. Something fishy going on here and things don't match. Can anyone give me some advise as I have to submit a response within 14 days. Need help to word this properly.

Thanks

Hiya Kimmie

I'm pretty new to this but would like to help if I can any. Even if it just bumps it so someone else can answer you better!

My LA charged me £95.00 for the court fees, when they took me to court (which I didn't even know they were doing, grrr; they told me it wouldn't as I'd applied for benefit and was waiting for the decision)

but that was added on to the debt by the Local authority - not the baliff co. (I think from what I can gather that's their costs of taking you to court in the first place. (how nice of them :()

Edited by AppleCrumble
spelling mistook

Apple x

What constitutes an enforcement charge of £95.00?

found this on a post by tomtubby

The Enforcement Fee cannot be charged. The purpose of the visit was to "levy" upon goods and for this he can charge a levy fee. The "enforcement fee" is really an "attendance to remove" fee. Should not be charged.

found this on a post by tomtubby

The Enforcement Fee cannot be charged. The purpose of the visit was to "levy" upon goods and for this he can charge a levy fee. The "enforcement fee" is really an "attendance to remove" fee. Should not be charged.

Well done Hallowitch :)

Apple x

i knew i had seen it somewhere and i knew it was Post by tomtubby it took me ages to find it i can go to my bed happy:D

Thanks very much Hallowitch. Let's see what the judge makes of it then, especially as the vehicle wasn't even at my adress or registered to me (a neighbours).

"The details on the screenshot are provided by way of the bailiff's "magic pen" which transmits via Bluetooth technology, details of the visits made etc". tomtubby

They sent the GPS details to the court, but this does not confirm they knocked at the right house. I am positive they have visited the incorrect door number twice, adn the report they sent will back that up.

Need to put this in a report back to the judge.