style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5497 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey,

I posted on the sticky thread by plumberjon but haven't received a response. I'd really appreciate your advice.

I have 2 items from sh1tehouse and I am now in a few months arrears. It was never my intention to default in payment etc but I missed 2 weeks due to being away, then the demands were too large to pay to get up to date. They accentuate their own debt problems with their unrealistic demands.

Now I could go into a debt agreement as described in previous threads, however I just want to get this hideous company out of my life and I am more than happy to return the low quality, second hand goods that has me in such a pickle.

In all honesty, I was a little stubborn also in that they sent people to my former address and, knowing this to be illegal, I just refused to play. The people I lived with just said I didn't live there as we had that agreement with each other. (We were students and if anyone comes we dont recognise it's a simple "...sorry, he doesn't live here anymore".

I really have been cowardly, but I just want to get back on top of my finances. I have a few debts and I'm going to negotiate to get them away. I now have a job and looking to pay back what I owe, it's just I do not want to pay another dime to this fecking company!! :x

Would I be fine to return the goods (I actually dont have OSC as I knew my rights that way...what a fight that was!) and just forget my association, or will they hound me for the money I owe over the past few months. I know I have been an idiot and acted foolishly, but I felt backed into a corner and didn't want to go through the hassle of having to deal with these abrupt people. (To the extent I changed my mobile phone number).

I hope this makes sense, please help!

Hi,

I'm really, and sorry no-one has got back to you yet, we are all volunteers and don't have the time to sit in front of the computer waiting for someone who needs help! ;)

Simple answer though really. If you have already made your mind up that you no longer want the BH items, then simply return them all, and have done with. They will be grateful to have the debt no longer on their records, and they won't chase you for money outstanding either.

If they do, give them the items and then act daft! In my experience, they won't even ask. Just call them and tell them to come and collect everything within 7 days.

PJ

PlumberJon :-D

UNUS VIR OBVIAM ORBIS TERRARUM

Are you being harrassed by a DCA or Brighthouse. Click the link for OFT Debt collection guidelines. Chances are, they could be in breach of some part of sections 2 or 3 or both!

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

I just give advice, I can't do it for you though!!

If you were helped, then please wiggle my scales, and you might get a wiggle back!!!