JSA refused because husband works 24+ hours a week

Silky444
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5507 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been out of work for 4 months and yesterday I decided it's time I needed to sign on and get JSA to help with bills and food. my husband works around 45+ hours a week, my local Job Center phoned me up this morning and said that I'm not entitled to any benefits but they would still pay my National Insurance. Is there anything I can do that will make them change there mind and review it? i really do need help finding a job and me nore my husband have no savings what so ever. What can I do? :confused::confused::-?

The guy upstairs seriously has a problem with me.. Nothing seems to go right!!!:|

Hmm yeah, I guess i will give the CAB a ring and see what they say :)

Edited by Silky444

The guy upstairs seriously has a problem with me.. Nothing seems to go right!!!:|

Can you not get WTC ?

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

Oh right, Well if they ain't going to give me JSA then whats the point,?. I need a job.. not to go on WTC :D

You might be entitlted to Working Tax Credit .... have you never applied ?

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

I beleive that WTC would be paid to your husband, it all depends on a few factors, how many children, how much he earns etc etc, it is well worth finding out about

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

From what you have said it sounds like you have been refused Income Based Jobseekers Allowance. If your husband works for 24 hours per week or more then you are not entitled to this type of Jobseekers Allowance. If you have been told you will not receive any money at all then it sounds like you have not paid enough National Insurance Contributions within the relevant tax years to qualify for Contribution based JSA. You cannot appeal these decisions, however, if you have reason to believe that they have made a mistake, for instance if you believe that you may have paid enough National Insurance Contributions to qualify, then you can ask them to check your entitlement again. It would be best to write a letter to request this as you will then receive a letter back, with the decision explained in writing. If you do it over the phone then they might blind you with science a bit.

In terms of Tax Credits, do you have children? If you do, you may qualify for Child Tax Credit. Are you and your husband over 25? You may qualify for Working Tax Credit, depending on what your husband earns. If you go to the HMRC website, or pop Tax Credit calculator into a search engine then you will be able to estimate your own entitlement.

I'm sure someone with more comprehensive knowledge will come along and possibly with an entitlement calculator. Hope this helps in the meantime.

My husband works 46 hours a week, No children as we are in a civil partership. I'm 20 years old, i recently got tax back from tax office. as i was paying to much in my last job.