style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5473 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I wander if you can help?

I arrived back from holiday to find a bill from the council for £75 along with a letter informing me that I had incurred a penalty charge for parking too long in a parking space. I was not driving the car at the time and the person driving said they hadn't received a ticket. I wrote to the council explaining that i wasn't the driver and had not received anything. They wrote back with 'tough pay up! Your the owner and we say you have a ticket'. :eek: I wrote back saying I would be prepared to pay the initial £25 as this was the first I had heard of it and I considered cashing the cheque as closer on the matter. I received another letter saying 'no pay up!'

I was in the middle of getting back to them when I realised they had cashed the cheque but what's more, I didn't have any money in the bank so the cheque bounced. I wrote to them explaining that they had in fact cashed the cheque even though I had had a reply from them to say they would not accept the payment and now I have charges from my bank. There reply has been, 'well all right then we will just charge you £50!'

This is crazy, they have no photographic evidence of the ticket being on my car and despite my attempts to explain that I hadn't received anything they still haven't accepted my offer of £25. :???:

Does anyone have any idea what I should do now? :(

Thanks!

Yes it's a council ticket I recognised the name and the number. (Have paid a few in my time!) THE REASON IT'S £75 is because the fine went from £25 and eventually £75 :-|

What is the name of the council?

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

If thats the case the PCN has reached charge certificate stage and you should have appealed to the Adjudication service prior to receiving it. You should have looked for advice earlier as it has got much harder to sort now. Maybe if you scan all the letters and give us a time line of what happened with the correct dates we may find something to help.

Hi

I am not very good on the computer but will have a go at sending them :oops:[ATTACH]8217[/ATTACH]

Let me know if you have received ok :)

Edited by car2403
Removing attachment with personal details visible

Sorry can't advise but someone who can will no doubt be along soon.

While you're waiting for advice you need to delete your personal details from the letter.

enamae

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area and any advice offered is given in good faith.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/Ombudsman-news/40/40_setoff.htm

• 5 weeks later...