Happy Saint Georges Day

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5533 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

wallpaperSMALL.jpg

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

A bit late now but for next year, a few tips based on what I witnessed yesterday:

1. God Save the Queen does not contain the words "nah nah nah nah" between verse and chorus. And it's a NATIONAL anthem, not an English one.

2. "Rule, Britannia", the finale to Arne's Alfred, contains more than just the chorus.

3. The official kit of England football/rugby/cricket team is not national dress.

4. Pubs: Shoving a St. George Cross emblem on the beer pump does not make the beer English.

5. Clintons: We do NOT need greeting cards.

6. The cheap plastic flag fluttering from your car window doesn't make you a patriot, it just shows you up as a chav or a sheep. Or a chavish sheep. Or a sheepish chav (is there such a thing? :razz:)

7. Before you proclaim yourself as a true English (whatever that may be), have you actually checked your origins? You may be rather cruelly surprised. :razz:

8. If you think that being English excludes you from being a member of the human race, think again. Better to be a bad English and a decent human than the other way round. ;-)

:)I know what you mean Bookie, I am a real mongrel on both sides. I have no idea what nationality I would be, could be Irish, dutch, Portugese I dont think I have a drop of English blood in me! Still come to think of it neither have the English! I had a right job getting a passport because you always take your father`s nationality and I could prove I had one as he changed his name but not by deed poll. This would have not been a problem except I was not born in England but in Germany so I do not have an English birth certificate. My parents did not do things by halves. Anyway as I know no better I tell peeps I am English. I get fed up with people running this country down as there are a lot worse places to live.