Zebedee vs Halifax PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5503 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The story starts back in 2001 when I took out a £12500 loan though Paramount, a subsidiary of Halifax. I was pressurised at the time to take out PPI and I was desperate enough to take it as I needed the loan to sort out my finances.

Over the years, as I tried to make the repayments, I tried frequently to get the PPI removed but to no avail.

Since 2007, when I became aware of the PPI robbery, I had tried to get the original details from the Halifax so I could put in a claim. I tried both Halifax(the original) and also Bank of Scotland, as all later correspondece came from them. Neither bothered to reply, despite my sending recorded letters to both on several occasions.

The ball REALLY started rolling, when on 12/12/2008, I contacted Halifax Customer Services to register a complaint.

On the 11/01/2009 I sent one of the template letters from moneysavingexpert.com asking for the details and my money back.

On the 15/01/2009 I received an acknowledgement!!!!!!

On the 10/02/2009, I finally received a reply from BOS (confusing eh!) stating they would send the details.

Then I get a phone call from Halifax, saying they have LOST!!!!! my details.:mad:

By sheer fluke, I found my original details, heh heh! :grin:

On the 27/02/2009 I sent a fax to:

Adam Owens

PPI Redress

Chester

Tel 01244 692841 (doesn't work, see below)

Fax 01244 695 025 (this works)

On the 19/03/2009, I received a letter from BOS Customer Relations

PO Box 29112

Dunfermline

KY11 2ZX

Tel 01244 692 841

again this is from Adam Owens!! (gets around a bit! lol)

This clearly states the total to be refunded is £6307.94 PARTY:D!!!! and will be paid within 3 weeks.

So I wait, and wait and 3 weeks passes, and because of Easter, I leave it till 15/04/2009 to try and ring Adam Owens. The phone number above is not connected and asks me to ring BOS on 0870 600 5000. This is a switchboard, which isn't impressed with the disconnected number and puts me through to Richard Alba, supposedly Adams' boss on 01224 692824 ( this works!!)

And here is where the fun starts..

I have rung Richard every day to find out whats happening. The cheque was sent supposedly on the 14/04/2009 ( the day before I rang!! , and definitely after 3 weeks as promised). He offers to cancel the cheque but I want a bank transfer as I have a Halifax account. He gets back to me, and states that they can't do a transfer on an old Paramount loan to an open account???

Its now 21/04. I have checked the post every day and it hasn't arrived. I've rung Richard who has 'promised' to talk to the dept concerned. I rang back to find out whats happened and I get Adam, who sits next to him!!

He offers to cancel the cheque and I should get the new one by the end of the week...blah blah. I ask for it next day, special delivery. Richard leaves a message at 5.30pm saying he will ring me tomorrow with an update....

Hello Zebedee,

The story starts back in 2001 when I took out a £12500 loan though Paramount, a subsidiary of Halifax. I was pressurised at the time to take out PPI and I was desperate enough to take it as I needed the loan to sort out my finances.

Over the years, as I tried to make the repayments, I tried frequently to get the PPI removed but to no avail.

Since 2007, when I became aware of the PPI robbery, I had tried to get the original details from the Halifax so I could put in a claim. I tried both Halifax(the original) and also Bank of Scotland, as all later correspondece came from them. Neither bothered to reply, despite my sending recorded letters to both on several occasions.

The ball REALLY started rolling, when on 12/12/2008, I contacted Halifax Customer Services to register a complaint.

On the 11/01/2009 I sent one of the template letters from moneysavingexpert.com asking for the details and my money back.

On the 15/01/2009 I received an acknowledgement!!!!!!

On the 10/02/2009, I finally received a reply from BOS (confusing eh!) stating they would send the details.

Then I get a phone call from Halifax, saying they have LOST!!!!! my details.:mad:

By sheer fluke, I found my original details, heh heh! :grin:

On the 27/02/2009 I sent a fax to:

Adam Owens

PPI Redress

Chester

Tel 01244 692841 (doesn't work, see below)

Fax 01244 695 025 (this works)

On the 19/03/2009, I received a letter from BOS Customer Relations

PO Box 29112

Dunfermline

KY11 2ZX

Tel 01244 692 841

again this is from Adam Owens!! (gets around a bit! lol)

This clearly states the total to be refunded is £6307.94 PARTY:grin:!!!! and will be paid within 3 weeks. (you have it in writing then that's a bonus)

So I wait, and wait and 3 weeks passes, and because of Easter, I leave it till 15/04/2009 to try and ring Adam Owens. The phone number above is not connected and asks me to ring BOS on 0870 600 5000. This is a switchboard, which isn't impressed with the disconnected number and puts me through to Richard Alba, supposedly Adams' boss on 01224 692824 ( this works!!)

And here is where the fun starts..

I have rung Richard every day to find out whats happening. The cheque was sent supposedly on the 14/04/2009 ( the day before I rang!! , and definitely after 3 weeks as promised). He offers to cancel the cheque but I want a bank transfer as I have a Halifax account. He gets back to me, and states that they can't do a transfer on an old Paramount loan to an open account???

Its now 21/04. I have checked the post every day and it hasn't arrived. I've rung Richard who has 'promised' to talk to the dept concerned. I rang back to find out whats happened and I get Adam, who sits next to him!!

He offers to cancel the cheque and I should get the new one by the end of the week...blah blah. I ask for it next day, special delivery. Richard leaves a message at 5.30pm saying he will ring me tomorrow with an update....

As for the rest of the letter, it's now time to get serious.

Write one more letter explaining there will be no more phone calls:)

send the letter recorded to be signed for at least and keep a track and trace for the delivery date.

Give them 7 days to respond in writing to your request for a bank transfer to you (why is a cheque unacceptable by the way?).

Failure to comply will result in you forwarding all correspondence to the FOS with a formal complaint copy to the Financial Services Authority and the Office of Fair Trading. The complaint to the FOS will cost them £500 but the FOS will take a long while to resolve your complaint if it gets that far. Hopefully a letter explaining your next actions may gee them up a bit:mad:

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• 2 weeks later...

Success!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the delay in posting this, I've been too busy spending the money:lol::lol::lol:!!!!!

My original issue with having a cheque was that I've waited so long that I wanted the money NOW, in my account by bank transfer. When you go to take out a loan, the money is put in almost staight away. So why is it not done in reverse? (obviously the longer the delay, the more interest the Bank makes, but its about time they changed their business model).

After the fiasco with the first cheque, and with the end nearly in sight, I was getting frustrated and I wanted to get MY hands on MY money.

Anyway back to the story!

A new cheque was issued on 22/4, sent out on 23/4 and was received by me on Friday 24/4, via next day special delivery post. Obviously it went into the bank (Halifax, LOL!) straight away.

The money cleared on Wednesday 29/4 and I've been spending it every since:-D!

So the moral of this story is to read as many relevant threads as you can, to get an understanding of how the system works, and how people have fought back to reclaim what is rightfully theirs. It can and is being done.

regards

Zebedee181

congratulations:D

Don't forget to post in PPI successes in the stickies at the top of the forum.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.