Lost my penalty fine slip!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5536 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello experts,

I am really afraid now. I got fined for not having a ticket with me when i board the train from ely to cambridge. I was in a rush for an interview and couldnt get a ticket for myself. I know its silly but i didnt expect to have arrive late at the train station and i did not want to miss my interview. So i got fined.

Got my slip. Remmebered myself to pay the fine before the dateline but when i was about to head to the train station to pay it i couldnt find my slip. I went tehre and the lady said she couldnt do anything about it. What can i do now? I will be late and from what i have read so far i will get fined even more.

The worse part is that i think i have writen the wrong the address no on the slip! Being an absent minded person and just started living in my new place not too long ago i could not be bothered to remmeber my address for i never expect to use it. Same goes for my bloody phone number with 11 digits on it. nvm that's not a problem.

But they had my university registration number on it. THey will probably contact my university and get hold of me. Will i get prosecuted for apparently lying to the officer? Help urgently needed and also on how to pay my fine!

PLEASE PLEASE advise and help me.

Thank you.

They will write to the address you gave to the officer at the time, when that is returned 'gone away' 'not known' or whatever, they will look to trace you (very easy these days), theres a chance you may be prosecuted for giving a false address unless you contact the penalty fare administrators & explain your error.

The ticket sales clerk could have found out but seems not to have bothered, contact the customer services dept, (phone numbers on nationalrail.co.uk) who will tell you how to contact the PF office.

For people reading this who think that all they need to do is give an erroneous address to avoid paying a £20 PF, beware, it will cost you at least 10 times more & a criminal record.