PayPal

diamondgirl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5535 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone sold on ebay and now having to wait 21 days for PayPal to cough up the money when people have paid straight away and when people have received the goods the following day?

Just thought I'd see if this is the norm for them now?

Seems wrong them holding on to our money for another 3 weeks after goods received.

DG

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

Paypal claim it's all about security for the buyer. Under certain circumstances they make you wait up to 21 days. In theory you will get your money sooner if your buyer leaves positive feedback - doesn't seem to happen though.

Thanks for that just seen all the other complaints about it as well. Think I might drop a line to TS and OFT after all they are getting interest on our money.

DG

This happens if ur a new seller or reg user.

As above unless you rec positive feedback then the funds will hold for 21 days

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Quite what you want TS to do is interesting. You're not forced to accept PayPal, and if you do then you do so under their T&C's. Until you establish a trading track record, I think the policy is useful as the delay traps those who are in for a quick killing then disappear with the money.

If future, take cheques or PO's - that way you can run the additional risk of them being fake or bounced, but at least you won't lose any interest!

You're not forced to accept PayPal, and if you do then you do so under their T&C's.

You are forced to accept PP in eBay UK listings...see extract below. In fact, if you don't enter a valid PP account I don't think the system will allow you to list.

Policy

eBay requires all sellers listing on eBay.co.uk to accept PayPal in their listings with the exception of listings in the categories of cars, motorcycles, aircraft, boats, caravans, trailers, trucks (commercials), services and property categories.

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

No when we put the last lot on ebay we had to accept payment by paypal otherwise they wouldn't accept the listings would allow us to put anything on ebay if we didn't go through them this time.

DG

No when we put the last lot on ebay we had to accept payment by paypal otherwise they wouldn't accept the listings would allow us to put anything on ebay if we didn't go through them this time.

DG

Yep, that's correct DG, you MUST accept PayPal as a payment method.

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Certainly wen I joined there was no such requirement. That said, if you don;t want to use Paypl, you cna use othersites - that is what 'consumer choice' is all about!

I joined in 2003 and, as you say Buzby, no such requirement existed then. If my memory serves me right, it came into force last year-ish!!

Just another strangehold, especially as eBay own PP.

But going back to DG's opening post, I'm not even sure who's jurisdiction PP fall under....but I'm pretty sure it's not the UK.

EDIT: Think I read on another post that it was Luxembourg.

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

EU (Luxembourg) but they've done nothing wrong - so the complaint is moot!

It's in their terms and conditions...so I tend to agree.

Nonetheless, it is a big problem for sellers as an increasing number of buyers are cottoning on to PP 'favouring' them during any dispute resolution process and this is leading to vexatious disputes and charge backs.

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

It's in their terms and conditions...so I tend to agree.

Nonetheless, it is a big problem for sellers as an increasing number of buyers are cottoning on to PP 'favouring' them during any dispute resolution process and this is leading to vexatious disputes and charge backs.

I see that many people mentioning that varioius terms are in the T & C's..this by itself doesnt mean it is legal and/or fair, the current bank charges court case is all about this !

Many of Paypal's terms are a real mess and prob wouldnt stand up in court, for example Im now being chased by 2 DCA's due to Paypal frauds..do I owe the money..technically yes if you believe the T & C's..would Paypal chase me through court ?...Unlikely !

Every time that Paypal introduce a new rule to protect buyers it appears to trample on the rights of sellers..Check out how many anti-paypal sites there are out there !

Andy

I see that many people mentioning that varioius terms are in the T & C's..this by itself doesnt mean it is legal and/or fair, the current bank charges court case is all about this !

Many of Paypal's terms are a real mess and prob wouldnt stand up in court, for example Im now being chased by 2 DCA's due to Paypal frauds..do I owe the money..technically yes if you believe the T & C's..would Paypal chase me through court ?...Unlikely !

Every time that Paypal introduce a new rule to protect buyers it appears to trample on the rights of sellers..Check out how many anti-paypal sites there are out there !

Andy

As an eBay seller myself Andy, I don't disagree!! ;)

But, until such time as the case is argued, such as with the banks, then I think we're pretty much stuck with it.:mad:

On a separate, but related note, eBay not allowing sellers to leave negative feedback is also opening the way for unscrupulous buyers to grab you firmly by the short and curlies :-o

I had a recent incident where I sold 8 to 10 identical items all unopened and sealed with no problems until one of the buyers contacted me and said that the product had "gone off" and could she have a refund before leaving me negative feedback!! Now if that isn't tantamount to blackmail then I don't know what is!! :evil:

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

As an eBay seller myself Andy, I don't disagree!! ;)

But, until such time as the case is argued, such as with the banks, then I think we're pretty much stuck with it.:mad:

On a separate, but related note, eBay not allowing sellers to leave negative feedback is also opening the way for unscrupulous buyers to grab you firmly by the short and curlies :-o

I had a recent incident where I sold 8 to 10 identical items all unopened and sealed with no problems until one of the buyers contacted me and said that the product had "gone off" and could she have a refund before leaving me negative feedback!! Now if that isn't tantamount to blackmail then I don't know what is!! :evil:

'Gone off'..made me giggle, were u selling cheese or something ?.

I can almost gaurantee that if you put something very desirable on ebay (in my case a Nokia N95 and then a Samsung Q1 tablet PC), that a large percentage of the bids will be someone trying to [problem] you !

Paypal didnt help me at all and didnt even write asking me for the money supposedly owed, they passed it straight to DCA's...well..they can chase me all they want, Im quite certain they wont dare go to court so they won't get 'their' money.

'Gone off'..made me giggle, were u selling cheese or something ?.

No, nothing as smelly as cheese!! :p

They were multi vitamin tablets, well within the expiry date I hasten to add!!

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Quite. This particular term obliging acceptance of Paypal is a potential breach of provisions of the Competition Act 1998 relating to the imposition of supplementary obligations (tying). I complained to the OFT at the time, who basically said they would do nothing because of the resources it would take to investigate it. Maybe they'd change their tune if others aggrieved by this complained.

Please note nothing I say constitutes legal advice.

Theres a large spread about paypal in the Daily Mail today quite good reading.

Anyone had a problem can email j.coney@dailymail.co.uk

about it.

I'm off to do my email.

DG:)