Argos online == useless

WebMaster
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4546 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just thought I'd have a little rant. I don't have a question, just wanted google to index a negative review of Argos.

I ordered a few things online last week. Created an account, went through the checkout process, and got the order confirmation screen, and the usual message about how I would receive email confirmation.

Well, the 'thank you for registering' email arrived, but no order confirmation (no, it wasn't down to my spam filter). Two days later, some packages arrived (I hadn't been given a delivery date). No invoice or receipt with them or any sort of paperwork (didn't arrive in the post the next day either). One of the items I hadn't even ordered, and a couple were missing.

I logged back in to their site, but they have no way of viewing past orders (in fact, nowhere did it say that I'd made any past orders), so I couldn't see if the other items were temporarily out of stock etc.

Email sent to Argos customer support, and 2 days later I got a reply ... of sorts. They said they'd pass my email on to the relevant department, and would arrange collection of the erroneous package on Thursday, between 7am and 6pm.

Naturally I'm not too happy about having to wait in all day. I remember a time when you'd at least be told morning or afternoon. Then it became between 9am and 5pm, then 8am to 6pm.

Just out of curiousity, where do I stand with the pickup? Maybe I should say that actually, 7am - 6pm isn't convenient, and give them a time (say a 2 hour period) at which it is convenient for *me* to have them collect it.

Good idea about the prepaid bag, but anyway I told them that waiting in all day wasn't convenient, and managed to get the time frame changed to 'afternoon'.

I've asked them 3 times about the lack of receipt, but each time they ignore that part of the email (in the last email they called me 'Ms Pitt'). Is a receipt a legal requirement?

i buy a lot of thing from Argos on line and to be honest it never dawned on me that you don't acutely get a receipt so i just had a look at my last e mail from them for an order i placed in February

Thank you for using argos.co.uk. This email is only an acknowledgement of

receipt of your order which has been passed to our team to be processed

Your order number for the following item(s) is **xxxxxxxxx***

Please print or save a copy of this receipt for future reference.

when i order i get an email with an order reference number and a delivery date when the stuff arrives i sign for the parcels if anything is wrong or missing i phone and give them order number you don't get any paperwork with the order delivery

Ive had an Argos card for years the only was to check past orders is to keep the e-mails (if you get one)

when i get my Argos statement it doesn't tell what you ordered it only tells you when to pay it and how much it is you have to pay

hope you understand this because I'm not very good a putting thing in writing

• 2 years later...