toshiba laptop 6mths n 2wks 'broke'

dpax
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5533 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:confused: i purchased a toshiba laptop from comet last sept, according to the salesman toshiba are one of the best! anyway yday the keyboard completely froze and the screen turned blue and started asking me for a password?? i then took it back to comet with my reciept and the 12mth warranty! i was greeted by a shop floor salesman, i explained to him what had just happened and that i would like a replacement or a refund, to which he replied with laughing! he then said there was no way i would get a refund never mind a replacement! he then bombarded me with questions, have you dropped it? nope! have you spilt something on it? nope! and the one i was waiting for its a virus you have downloaded something! erm no i have not! he then told me i would have to take it up with toshiba, i sternly told him that i wouldnt be taking it up with toshiba he would be and that i did not purchase it from toshiba but comet. he then said leave it with me i will ring you tomorrow! did i get a phone call today? did i eckers!!! i eventually went back to comet this afternoon to find he hadnt even taken a look at it and it was just sat in the back of the store collecting dust!! he then asked me to come back in 2hrs while he had a look! he also told me that it would take longer for toshiba to collect the laptop and drop it off fixed than it would to repair it. after two hours i went back to be told it wasnt a virus(told you so) and that nothing had been spilt! ha! and that it is faulty! while id been at home waiting for the two hours i did a bit of research and read that ppls laptops or other electrical items had been sat lying around for a while before being collected for repairing so i have taken my laptop home and will be contacting toshiba myself for the courier to come and collect it from me! will i be charged for the courier?? and the repairs?? i know im within my 12mth warranty but should i have left it at comet?? i know £480 might not be alot to some ppl but its my laptop and i did not expect it to break in 6mths!! all iwanted really was a replacment, i need my laptop for work and am now up the creek without a paddle and cannot afford a new laptop! it really annoys me because i have a few friends that have bought laptops from asda/tescos and had problems within the 12mth warranty n they got replacements no problems, no questions!! i will never be buying anything from comet again!! what is the point in a 12mth warranty when they just try to back heel it onto you! also i cannot believe how many ppl r having the same problems as me!!!the law needs to be changed!! we should be able to get a replacement within the 12mth warranty unfortinatly i was 2wks over the 6mth wear and tear policy!! bummer eh!! Edited by dpax

Don't take any sh1t from Comet all they want to do is sell and offer very poor customer service. Most of there staff appear to be misinformed or very silly I was told that the SOGA doesn't apply to Comet as there policies are better.

Anyway have a look at my thread as it may help or just ask and I will try and help if possible. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/comet/178348-comet-refuse-repair-laptop.html

You won't get a replacement or refund for the dreaded 'Blue Screen of Death' (BSOD).

It is 'usually' something that has come in from the net via a site you have visited or something you have done like download a free scanner, game or program that is not what it says it is.

I say that with caution though as it is not always, and can be caused by a driver messed up by a windows update, or an hardware fault.

They will look at it first and check the hard drive for any faults and replace if it is.

If your relying on the sale of goods act, that does not say that if anything goes wrong with a product that you are entitled to a refund or replacement full stop, especially as it is over six months old.

If you haven't been back to the shop within that time, you are deemed to have accepted it.

If, however, it should prove to be faulty then you can demand a repair to your satisfaction. If those repairs should prove to be unsuccessfull, then you can start puting your foot down.