unauthorised payment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5532 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I was browsing for flight prices and I was looking at a site offering deals. I entered my card details to see what the total price would come out after all cost had been calculated. I did not agree to any contract or read tick any box saying I agree and did not confirm the purchase. I left the page open while I carried on browsing to find other sites to compare to. I found another site with a far better deal and entered my details and then I did confirm when I saw the final price was a good deal after all cost had been calculated.

The next day I was shocked to see the first site had charged my card when I had not confirmed my transaction or agreed any contract with them.

I immediately informed the bank that I had not authorized this payment and I wanted to do an indemnity claim to have the money returned. The bank have not been trying to fob me off, and have not sent me a claim form nor have the done anything to investigate this. Instead they wrote to me and asked me to call them and have been trying to fob me off saying they can’t refund it as the company are happy to provide the service so they don’t have any grounds to refund this money... even though I said I did not agree to it or confirm or authorize it.

I am sure I could go out tomorrow and find 10 companies that would be happy to provide the service if my bank will pay them my money against my wishes who are they kidding. It’s up to me who I choose and it’s my money not the banks.

I believe I am the only person who can authorize a payment regardless of what a company is willing to do.

Does anyone have any advice how to sort this out as I am not being taken seriously? And I haven’t yet got my money back.

This is an interesting post.

It is very rare I imagine for a web site not to give a total price unless you enter your payment details!

Now I am assuming that you are a very trusting person and did not realise your error.

However one option that may be possible (subject to holiday date) is to cancel the holiday and lose a percentage of the cost.

You should do this immediately so that you lose less money.

Now if you are 100% sure of what you claim, then send me all the details and website address to my profile (BUT NOT YOUR CREDIT CARD DETAILS!) and I will look at it and see if I can see what happened.

I am not saying you are a liar because once I booked a flight and attempted payment but it was declined. I had plenty of money in my account so could not understand what went wrong. However a staff member from airline phoned me and tried to process payment manually but to no avail.

A month later my bank statement showed I had paid! and I never even knew I had missed the flight! However I did get it refunded.