Arrow Global MBNA debt- **1st round - WON** **Seconds out! Round 2!!!**

I've got no money
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5516 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On the "agreement" at the top left hand corner - outside of the box is a signature - there is nothing to say what it is or why its' there - they claim that is the signature by MBNA

Is the sig quite small, squiggly and in bold ? ...if so I have seen something similar on another MBNA ' agreement' posted on CAG [ in top left hand corner and seemingly just stamped there for no reason ...]

I will try to track down the one I am thinking of

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the sig quite small, squiggly and in bold ? ...if so I have seen something similar on another MBNA ' agreement' posted on CAG [ in top left hand corner and seemingly just stamped there for no reason ...]

It doesn't appear to be stamped - it just looks like a signature...as you say there is nothing on it which says what it is or why its' there...

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

I spoke to the other side today - they told me that they don't have an original copy of the "agreement" all they have is a copy...because they don't keep the originals.

CPR 31.3 gives a right to inspect unless the document is no longer in the control of the party who disclosed it

I need to think carefully about this - anybody got any thoughts/comments

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

Hi IGNM,

I don't know how old this agreement would be or when it ended,

what about looking at the reasons why they should keep certain docs, like...

The Money Laundering Regulations 1993, 2003 and 2007 which state that key documents (such as agreements) must be kept until 5 years "after the business relationship" ends.

Schedule 18 of the Finance Act 1998 (paragraph 21), which says docs should be kept for six years.

The 2007 money laundering regs now state that transactional information can be destroyed five years after the individual transaction - but that key documents (such as agreements) must still be retained until five years after the business relationship ends.-

Sections 221 and 222 of the Companies Act 1985, say that a public company is required to maintain records for a period of six years (section 222(5)(b)

the Data Protection Act.....

Losing or destroying personal data i believe is in itself a breach of the Seventh Principle of the Data Protection Act 1998.

Which states ;

Appropriate technical and organisation measures shall be taken against the unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.

The above are bits and pieces that i have picked up here on CAG, (sorry, I don't know who i copied them from, I'd say if I did, apologies to whoever posted them in the first place )

I seem to remember a thread where there was some success from this "money laundering regs" argument, I've also seen a thread where the DJ said it was perfectly acceptable for these banking organisations to dispose of the agreements. Again its all down to the DJ lottery I think, along with how well you argue your case.

This post here ...... http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-2069832.html in joan of arcs thread shows an account of her recent case where the issue of copy docs came into play in the court room. The whole thread is here..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/157069-court-claim-lloyds-tsb.html.

Edited by questioning
  • Haha 1

I spoke to the other side today - they told me that they don't have an original copy of the "agreement" all they have is a copy...because they don't keep the originals.

CPR 31.3 gives a right to inspect unless the document is no longer in the control of the party who disclosed it

I need to think carefully about this - anybody got any thoughts/comments

Hi IGNM

So they copy the original document, and then destroy the original, why not just keep the original?

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Hi IGNM

So they copy the original document, and then destroy the original, why not just keep the original?

I think that they scan them into an electronic system and save on storage space...well that's the official version...

Edited by I've got no money

I think that they scan them into an electronic system and save on storage space...

I know Morgan stanley and Goldfish store them on microfische, but only seem to scan the first page, so if T and C,s on the back their a bit stuffed.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Heres one SB

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-2130884.html

and another

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-2130932.html

and another

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-2130949.html

They are so similar, I would say that it is a stamp

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I know Morgan stanley and Goldfish store them on microfische, but only seem to scan the first page, so if T and C,s on the back their a bit stuffed.

These cowboys have produced two pages but there doesn't appear to be anything connecting the two...

If they can't produce the original and can only come up with a scanned copy, then you should ask for a copy of their scanning protocols.

I think somewhere there are data protection regulations that set out what must be done by a company wanting to rely on elecronic copies in court procedings. Any one know what these are?

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

I guess they thought it would save a bit of money,oops.

I've also discovered that the case is listed in front of one the more technical DJ's - I couldn't have got a better Judge if I'd tried - I am now really looking forward to next Tuesday.

I must remember to do my costs schedule...

If they can't produce the original and can only come up with a scanned copy, then you should ask for a copy of their scanning protocols.

I think somewhere there are data protection regulations that set out what must be done by a company wanting to rely on elecronic copies in court procedings. Any one know what these are?

I'd thought about that and as they're gonna claim, I think, that the prescribed terms were on the back - its' the only thing that logically they can do - I'm gonna ask for a witness statement from the person who scanned it in.

There's also a signature on the front page - at the top right hand corner outside of the box - adjacent to it is a date but that's all - the date is the 24th of January - in the claim form they've pleaded the agreement as starting on the 29th of January. They're now saying that the signature was execution on behalf of MBNA - nothing on the form says that - I'm gonna ask for a witness statement from the person who signed it...

Docman, I am trying to track down postings by BRW on this subject, I will post them up as soon as I find em. :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Docman, I am trying to track down postings by BRW on this subject, I will post them up as soon as I find em. :D

was it the ones above from cosalt v mbna u were thinkin of?

was it the ones above from cosalt v mbna u were thinkin of?

Those are the ones.. thanks I will go and find a link.

Meanwhile, this is an interesting read by alanalana - Documents and the Civil Evidence Act

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/162535-documents-court-civil-evidence.html

BCOBS

BCOBS

post # 29 above

Aha, that will teach me to skp read wont it. Thanks r&b :D

BCOBS

You just beat me to it, Supa. That's the document I was thinking about. Next question is where in the Civil Procedure Rules does it lay down what a judge has to determine/order?

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

MBNA T & C??? picture by RichPrice - Photobucket

The piece of paper that has the alleged prescribed conditions on

MBNACAG picture by RichPrice - Photobucket

The alleged agreement with my signature on

Yes - guys I know that it identifies me but if the other side were in the slightest bit interested they'd have worked out who I am by now anyway...

So where are the conditions mentioned in the exception clause in the minimum payment term ... hard to read but looks like 3.5 and 3.6

and where is condition 13.1 mentioned in the interest charged term ?

These are 2 of the prescribed terms arent they ?