Burtons Card - PPI?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5363 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for that Alanalana, the problem with ICO seems to stem from the fact that i initially received 2 letters from them ( Both with different case reference numbers! ), one asking for further proof the other not, i responded to one & this latest letter is from the one that didnt ask for a response! I have now compiled a further letter cross referencing both case reference numbers, hopefully now they can put the 2 together & push forward.

Debt Free Since 1st September 2009:D

Target Savings For 2010 = £1000:)

Savings So Far = £700:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Update : Received a reply back from ICO in regards to my last letter ( #51 ) my case has now been transferred to Casework & Advice Division Team 2. They also advise that i write a letter of complaint to the Office of Fair Trading with regards to obtaining the credit agreement but, surely i will receive a copy of this as & when my SAR is complied with?

Update : Received a reply back from ICO in regards to my last letter ( #51 ) my case has now been transferred to Casework & Advice Division Team 2. They also advise that i write a letter of complaint to the Office of Fair Trading with regards to obtaining the credit agreement but, surely i will receive a copy of this as & when my SAR is complied with?

You may not get a copy of your CCA a lot seem to go missing for some reason :eek:

Some progress then with the ICO that is good.

I would write to the OFT even though I believe the ICO should chase for the release of all data under your SAR request.

While you are sending a copy to the OFT it may also be worth copying the letter to the FSA (These are the people that issue rather large fines against PPI mis-sellers) It must be worth a first class stamp IMO.

My complaint went to the following:

Distribution:

The Financial Services Authority, 25 The North Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5HS.

The Financial Ombudsman Service, South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London,

E14 9SR.

The Commissioner, Information Commissioners Office, Wyckuffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.

The Information Commissioners Office, Casework and Advice Division, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.

The Office of Fair Trading, OFT Enquiries, Fleetbank House, 2-6 Salisbury Square, London, EC4Y 8JX.

Chief Executive, British Bankers Association, Pinners Hall, 105-108 Old Broad Street, London, EC2N 1EX.

The BBA did not reply initially so I sent the letter first class recorded a second time. I only wanted them to sit up and take note and respond which they did, only to state they were not a statutory authority but a banking institution (or words to that effect) My complaint to them was about the RBS and look what happened to them, so in a way the dismissive letter from BBA was to no effect as a member of their organisation RBS is now owned by me and millions of other taxpayers. I hope we are no longer a member of the BBA as it would be a further waste of taxpayers money :D

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

I have previously sent letters to all of those listed Alanalana shall i send an update / reminder to them all?

I have previously sent letters to all of those listed Alanalana shall i send an update / reminder to them all?

IMO there is no reason for you not to keep them all on their toes and it should also make them more aware that you exist and expect a response. :rolleyes:

They all have a responsibility to serve and if you complain then they should be seen to at least respond and investigate so yes keep at them.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• 1 month later...

Update : Received a letter from the ICO stating that from the information that i have provided them with THEY believe that Santander Cards UK have not complied with the 6th principle of the Data Protection Act & that a letter has been sent to them telling them about the assessment, the ICO will recommend that they provide me with all the personal data that i am entitled to under the DPA but, if they no longer hold this information they cannot compel them to supply it! They have until the 5th October to reply.

Update : Received a letter from the ICO stating that from the information that i have provided them with THEY believe that Santander Cards UK have not complied with the 6th principle of the Data Protection Act & that a letter has been sent to them telling them about the assessment, the ICO will recommend that they provide me with all the personal data that i am entitled to under the DPA but, if they no longer hold this information they cannot compel them to supply it! They have until the 5th October to reply.

A Step in the right direction then. However you should point out to the ICO and Santander that if they state they cannot supply the information because they no longer hold it they should provide you with proof of destruction by an authorised data controller. Please see this...

Civil Evidence Act 1995

The data must be accounted for ie if it is not held then where is the data and if the data is not evident then proof of destruction must be available.

Data must be protected and if it is not available then an explanation as to its' whereabouts must be forthcoming. They cannot just say we do not have the data any longer and the six year rule is not to be believed.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from