Distance Selling & 14 day cooling off period..

Jes0rKah
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5480 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

My partner's bought some CD decks online and has arranged an 18 month credit agreement with the credit company Hitachi (through the online store) to pay for them.

He's now realised that he'll have to wait 14 days before the decks will be sent to him as there's a 14 day cooling off period set by Hitachi (as apparently people sign up to credit when they get drunk!) and the online store won't get the money for them so won't send the decks out (which is only fair!).

What my other half would like to know is - Is it possible to get Hitachi to waive the 14 day period, as he'd like them delivered sooner as he's fully aware of the fact he's signed up to the agreement. If it is possible - is ther anything he can send to Hitachi to prove it?

Thanks in advance!

"A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain." -

Mark Twain

Well under the DSRs, the "right to cancel clock" does not start until the goods have been received and the required written information is supplied.

Should he cancel under that period, then any credit agreement is also cancelled (though I have not really read that bit of the regs for a while so I will double check that there are no get out clauses).

Forgive my obvious lack of street cred, but are these deck thingies used as part of a business? If so, DSRs will not apply.

• 2 months later...

dont worry, make sure you take the time and date of when you sign for them. and the courrier persons name. then if they do try and get out of the dsr by saying you had them longer than you actually have they won't have a leg to stand on. it is only from point of reciept that your dsr will kick in, i work for a company who deals with the dsr and we start it from the next working day after signed for. to avoid confusion- so i'd check with hitachi