Football match abandonment,can anyone clarify?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5580 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone know the rules governing match abandonment in football?.

Our u14s side played yesterday,and with 3 and a half minutes to go,the ref stopped the game due to hail,he said he would wait 5 min and see if incliment weather would continue,tjhe hail stopped almost as soon as it started,and it was just raining.The ref then decided after a little persuasion from the opposing teams manager,to abandon the game,saying that the boys were too cold and wet to play the remainding few minutes!.

Earlier on in the match,he kept the lads in for about 25 min because it was hailing,and let them out,already cold and wet through,to play almost a full half of football,so his argument(which was word for word the opp managers also)doesn't really hold up,and our lads wanted to finish the match,but obv the opp were losing and didn't want to continue,they even cheered when they heard we would most likely have to replay!!.

I was hoping someone here might know if we have to replay or if the result at the time of abandonment will stand?

My understanding of the rules are that as long as the game is abandoned with at least 10 minutes remaining then a replay is what happens. My sons teams has twice had managers of opposing teams take their team off the pitch with only 12 minutes left cuz they were losing and make something up about not being happy with the ref. So it looks like a replay will be organised

whoops sorry read the message wrong thought only 3 half mins been played (Ooh dear long day)

Then the result should stand i would certainly question it otherwise does your son play for a team in a league because you should be able to look online at the rules

sorry again for the misunderstanding

Cant find anything anywhere,league or otherwise that says anything,only that abandonments will be reviewed by the commitee,and something about injustice,but nothing that clarifies either way,the ref didn't know himself and the league haven't got back to us yet,I was just hoping someone on here might know so that we can fight our corner with the league!

This is all I could find:

23. ABANDONED AND POSTPONED MATCHES

If any match is abandoned at any stage of the game the Management Committee shall have the power to deal with the matter at their discretion. The Results Secretary must approve all postponements. If you postpone a game without first contacting the Results Secretary, you may be fined. This applies to ALL age groups