M&SMoneyVSlollipops MuminLaw

lollipop73
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5382 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

As some of you know I am helping my Mum in Law deal with her creditors.

Can you have a look at this agreement for me to see if I can give her some ammunition in dealing with them.

MaureenMS.jpg

MoMStcs.jpg

The first page is from one of those tear off application books they have in stores-the perforation marks are visible, but not on the accompanying t&cs.

Does this make it unenforceable under the four corners rule?

These two arrived in response to CCA request including some t&cs effective from 26th Jul 07.

I would be very grateful for any help on this. She has many cards and I am relatively new to all this stuff and it is quite bewildering.

She gets two different statements a month-one says chargecard and one says personal reserve, l have had nothing back for the chargecard as yet, in fact now l have just looked l only asked for the personal reserve on the cca request. l don't understand how this M&S thing works.

Charge cards are not credit cards and are not covered by the CCA 1974. THe personal reserve may well be a savings account, again not covered by teh CCA1974. You ned to fond out. What about looking on M&S website?

Charge cards are not credit cards and are not covered by the CCA 1974. THe personal reserve may well be a savings account, again not covered by teh CCA1974. You ned to fond out. What about looking on M&S website?

Steven

a personal reserve account is/was definetly a credit facility.

you have a credit limit and a cheque book which you can use to pay into your bank account. I think you could also just ring up and have money transferred into your bank account.

I dont remember how I got one though but I think I was after a loan from them and ended up with one of these. mine was closed a couple of years ago.

Busby1

From ciao website

M&S also offer a Personal Reserve account. You are eligible for this account whether you hold a M&S account card or not. This account is a standard £3000 and is there for you to use whenever you want so you can spend £3000 all at once or £500 a month for 6 months or just use £1000 of it if you so wish. You are given a "cheque book" with which you write cheques to yourself to get the cash. Again the APR is low, you receive monthly statements and this is a unique to M&S service.
However, this product has now been withdrawn. It seems to operate like an overdraft facility and therefore is prbably covered by the OFT determination that means that it si not subject to part V of the CCA 1974.

I have a Personal Reserve account and they have sent me a default notice issued under section 87 (1) of the CCA 1974. (only giving me 13 days to rectify by the way.) I sent them a CCA request back in November, they have cashed the cheque but never sent anything. It didn't occur to me that it would not be an agreement subject to CCA. I sent an SAR a month ago - nothing in response to that either. Any suggestions as to my next move?

• 5 months later...

Thread moved to the newly opened M&S forum:grin:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D