Mercantile Data Bureau Ltd old egg debt

shikyra
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4465 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Don't worry about that either - it is a threat. If any one does turn up, which I doubt, tell them they have 30 seconds to get off the doorstep they came to collect or you will call the police - they are trespassing and have no right to be there whatsoever.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LATEST FROM HILLESDEN/DL&C/MERCANTILE

Hillesden Securities Ltd.

BUCKINGHAM ROAO BRACKLEY NORTHANTS NN I 7DN

20 April 2010

Dear Mr

Account number. - Formerly MBNA Europe Bank Limited -

Thank you for your letter dated 16 April 2010.

We have referred to the original lender for a copy of your requested documentation

and will forward the documents to you as soon as we receive this from MBNA Europe

Bank Limited.

Technically, we are in breach of the Act due to the fact that we have been unable to

supply a copy agreement at this time. However, in order to remedy this breach we

are required to supply the requested documentation and we intend to do this.

Hillesden Securities are unable to stop processing your personal information; this is

because the use of credit reference information is an integral part of the maintenance

of your credit facility and the management of credit card accounts. Part of the terms

and conditions of the credit card account held by you state that the original lender will

use credit reference agency information to manage your account

Our agreements with the credit reference agencies themselves, as well as the rules

which govern the use and sharing of such information, require Hillesden to report

account level data this way. Under the Data Protection Act 1998, Hillesden must

report accurate and up to date information at all times. As this card/loan has been

used and a debt has been incurred, this will be recorded to the Credit Reference

Agencies. Similarly, any payments made towards the account will also be reported.

Should you require anything further at this point please contact us. We will update

you on developments in 21 days if there are no developments beforehand.

Yours faithfully

A E Locke

Director & Data Controller

Direct Line: 01280 707513

Registered Ollicc: Willow Road, Brack1cy, Northanls. Registered No. 14lS063 in England

Any views please on my next move.

Cheers.

Edited by cyprusuk

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All, Ive had another letter from Mercantile and my administrator is a Mary Kilgore, Citi Card debt.What should i do IGNORE :confused:

Also threatining me with a 3rd party. What do they mean ?

Freepost

adm4119

Banbury

OX16 4zy

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

It doesn't matter that you have not sent them one specifically, you have already sent a CCA request to a previous DCA.

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did you request a CCA from anyone?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've just realised you posted on the back of another thread. Send them the prove it letter; http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/573-general-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Send them the letter in post #63 ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You are asking them in that letter to prove the debt is yours and they have a lawful right to be asking payment on it. Don't acknowledge any debt unless they can prove it. If I came along said to you " I have a debt in your name and you owe me £100, so pay up" would you just hand it to me? I don't think so.

i know the debt is mine though does that matter? or is it just a standard letter for them to prove it basically ?

The onus is on them to prove it, if they can't or it is unenforceable the choice is yours as to whether you feel morally obliged to pay it or not.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The letter asks you to contact her. It doesn't prove you owe the money they are claiming. By the way, it's a false address - no such address exists. Report that to the OFT. Every report is a nail in their coffin.

How do i Report to OFT ?

As for the letter i send do i leave everything in it or do i modify it in any way. Also do i send it Recorded etc.

You say address is false, SO were do i send Prove it Letter,

Shall i send Prove it letter or CCA letter

Edited by tally_69

Send the Prove It letter to Tony Locke, Data Controller, at the following address:

Hillesden Securities Ltd

Buckingham Road

Brackley

Northants

NN13 7DN

MDB and Hillesden are the same company. Start off the Prove It letter by stating that as the address on MDB stationery is false, a fact you have reported to the OFT, you are sending your letter to him.

You can report the false address on MDB's stationery to:

enquiries@oft.gov.uk

They have had complaints about this before so this adds to a long list of complaints about Hillesden/DLC/MDB and will be taken into account when they come to renew their licence.

• 3 weeks later...

No, they haven't proved any debt exists or they have the right to collect it, besides if they were so sure why offer 50% discount? :rolleyes:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]