1st credit - no agreement sent?

diddybot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5584 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya,

I sent a CCA request to 1st Credit for a CitiFinancial loan that was passed on to them.

They didn't respond so I sent the second letter that I obtained from here and I now have a final response from them. They admit that they cannot enforce the debt whilst there is a CCA request in place, however the rest of their letter confuses me ....

Please advise which statute you are relying on which states that a default notice or data that is believed to be correct must be removed whilst a CCA request is being dealt with.

You have not specified upon which ground you rely for your notice under s10 of the Data Protection Act and therefor we do not consider this valid; furthermore this is not a valid request as it falls under the exemption in Schedule 2 section 2(a) of the Act.

After this account was passed to 1st Credit payments were maintained and paid by Direct Debit, only 1st Credit were not reducing the debt and kept writing to say that the account was in arrears. I wrote to them asking for statements and advising that payments were being made. No response and then they defaulted it for £1917. I have not made any payments since the default as I wasn't sure they would be allocated to the account and started this process. Now on my file it states balance £700? So credit reference info is incorrect anyway as it shouldn't have defaulted for that amount (well not at all as payments were being made)

Has anyone had a similar letter from a company and what does it mean or what should I write back??

Many thanks to anyone that can shed light.