Anyone Heard Of Georgeson - Bristol

jaxads
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4522 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

I am so paranoid:eek:

Hubby has just received a letter from Georgeson in Bristol who are trying to trace him:rolleyes:

They say it is in connection with an "outstanding entitlement" that is due to him:grin:. But we know certain people will say anything to get you to make contact don't we.......

Before christmas we received a letter from Standard Life who were trying to trace him, and he confirmed his details to them (after I'd treble checked out all of their details on their website - obviously standard life are a huge organisation)

Anyway, now we receive this letter from Gerogeson. I've looked them up on the internet and there is a section about Standard Life repayments. Just wonderied if they're connected, but I don't want him ringing up giving details if they're not and Georgeson are phishing.

The reference on the standard life letter and the georgeson letter are different.

As I said, just super paranoid and don't want another DCA getting their claws into us:eek: when we think we're just about afloat!!

I do think they're genuine - I cannot find anything on CAG about them, but just wondered if anyone has any experience of them?

If they're genuine then a nice little "entitlement" would be most gratefully accepted:lol:

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Hi, jaxads.

They are locating people with unclaimed shares from

Standard Life

Bradford and Bingley

Scottish Power

If you claim the shares via Georgeson they will make a 10% charge.(so, Ive read)

You are better off claiming directly from these companies. That way, you'll avoid Georgeson's charge. Just ignore Georgeson's letter and phone up the company involved to inquire.

For Standard Life, you can call 0131 270 9060

Standard demutualized in 2006 and you must claim any shares you are entitled to within 10 years of that date (so there's still plenty of time).

Regards.

Scott.

• Haha 1

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi Scott

Many thanks for that - that's good news.

I did a good google of Georgesons and couldn't find out anything "fishy" about them - so thought they must be genuine. I don't understand why they've got involved though as hubby did confirm details to Standard Life about 6 weeks ago!! Never mind, we'll bypass Georgeson - and their 10% - and get back in touch with Standard Life!!

Thank you again Scott.

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

• 2 years later...

The advice given by others is good.

We have checked out Georgesons and, although they are a legitimate company, operating from The Pavilions in Bristol, it is NOT necessary to use them and pay their fees.

We have an old share certificate in Dana Petroleum and followed the advice to ring them directly.

They advised that we needed to contact ComputerShare, who are also based at The Pavilions in Bristol. The difference is that ComputerShare employ Georgesons to trace dormant shareholders but, IF YOU GO DIRECT to ComputerShare themselves, there is NO FEE whatsoever and you will receive the full amount due to you.

Good luck to all!

Hi Scott

Many thanks for that - that's good news.

I did a good google of Georgesons and couldn't find out anything "fishy" about them - so thought they must be genuine. I don't understand why they've got involved though as hubby did confirm details to Standard Life about 6 weeks ago!! Never mind, we'll bypass Georgeson - and their 10% - and get back in touch with Standard Life!!

Thank you again Scott.