style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5579 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am not 100% sure but I think you would as they would use the house as collateral to pay your debts, HOWEVER, that may depend on what equity you have in the house and looking at your mortgage and secured loan, there isnt anything to give them so I could be totally wrong and it would not be worth their while taking the house

Someone on here with more knowledge about this field should be able to help you.

Just having a thought, my friend's other half was made bankrupt, they didnt lose the house but he cannot have anything in his name, as you may be aware of that or not, but they have the house but from memory they have an order on the house and if they default then they would take the house.

Hope the limited info helps.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

I have a mortgage for £101k and a secured loand for £18k, the house is worth approx £105k, would I lose the house if I was made bankrupt?

Can my partner buy my share of the house?

Please advise

As your secured lending is more than the value of the house it should not even come into the bankruptcy. Chances are your partner can buy your share of the house for £1. Is the £105k based on market value or forced sale value? Because you need to knock 15-20% off the market value to get forced sale value.

Best of luck.;)

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

As your secured lending is more than the value of the house it should not even come into the bankruptcy.

Of course it will. In order to keep the house, these debts will have to be serviced. How, depends on you and the OR. It should be discussed at length during your interview.

Chances are your partner can buy your share of the house for £1.

This is possible as explained in the link above.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

I have just submitted my defence to the court and I asked about the house situation. They gave me a number for the OR.

When I rang them and explained the situ, they confirmed that the house would be in negative equity becasue of 2nd charge on home (secured loan) and they confirmed that my partner would be able to buy my interest for £1 + £211 legals and as long as we keep up the payments on the mortgage and secured loan nothing will happen to the house.

They also advised that the mortgage and secured loan do NOT even come under the bankruptcy as they are secured lending.

Just have to wait and see what the judge says now, as long as our home was safe that is all I was worried about.

Jimmy. Im not sure you understand.

If you go BR the house is not yours anymore

IT BELONGS TO THE OFFICIAL RECEIVER and they have 3 years to decide what to do with it.

Tonycee,

I do understand and the OR has said that if I did go BR then my partner can buy my share of intrest which will equal £0 for £1 from the BR

Outstanding shared Mortgage (interest only) = £101k

shared Secured Loan against Home = £18k

Outstanding Total shared secured lending = £119k

Home currently valued at £103k so if home was sold for £103k we would still be in negative equity by £16k. If we were forced to sell the house and to knock say 20% off that would make things even worse. There simply is nothing at all in the house to take.

OK im glad.

Everything that is said IS possible, but the emphasis is on "CAN"

Dont take anything for granted just because thats what you want to happen.

Im 3 months into my BR and still waiting for things to happen.

I will leave you to it.

Good Luck

Everybody's situation is different my friend

Jimmy. May i suggest you get some legal advice. Your attitude is very naive. Im afraid you may be in for a bit of a shock.

First of all, I do not have an attitude, everything I have said is based on fact and is also based on a telephone conversation I had this morning with the Insolvancy service, which you provided me with the link. It was also backed up by an OR.

At the end of the day Tony we will have to wait and see, yes it may take time.

I have just submitted my defence to the court and I asked about the house situation. They gave me a number for the OR

What defence?

Are you choosing BR or being forced into it? Can you afford the mortgage and secured loan after BR........ Realistically?

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Is there a deadline for them to issue BR proceedings after issuing a SD? I had a feeling there was but have not managed to find it after intensive googling. July 08 was 7 months ago:confused:

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Is there a deadline for them to issue BR proceedings after issuing a SD?

No, paragraph 10

Have you other assets?

What other debts do you have?

Are they aware you have no equity in the house?

How do you feel about being made BR?

Other assets = None

Other debts = total of £12k all included in DMP, which is upto date

Are they aware = Yes, after several calls and letters telling them so

How do I feel = All I am concerned about is the house for my missus, our newborn and me.

Other assets = None

Other debts = total of £12k all included in DMP, which is upto date

Are they aware = Yes, after several calls and letters telling them so

How do I feel = All I am concerned about is the house for my missus, our newborn and me.

Well the advantage for you is all your other debts get wiped out and you make a fresh start, so no DMP to pay, and you will keep the house.

Downside is it seems a shame to go BR for a relatively small debt.

Have you got a court hearing date?

Congrats on the baby:)

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Jimmy. From the information you have provided it is likely you can keep the property by exercising your right under the low cost transfer scheme as previous discussed within this thread. Just make sure that the OR actions this as soon as you start dealing with them, sometimes you need to make it very clear. Also, OR's are very busy people right now so make sure they work well for you.

Who is the DCA by the way?

Best wishes,

Seq

Jimmy. From the information you have provided it is likely you can keep the property by exercising your right under the low cost transfer scheme as previous discussed within this thread. Just make sure that the OR actions this as soon as you start dealing with them, sometimes you need to make it very clear. Also, OR's are very busy people right now so make sure they work well for you.

Who is the DCA by the way?

Best wishes,

Seq

Thanks for your upport guys it means alot!!

The DCA is Marlin Europe (Mortimer Clarke) nasty bunch do not listen to anything you say. Court date is Monday 2nd March not looking forward to it at all.