Pay Day on Monday/Saturday?

h755bpx
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3986 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All, newbie here!

Got a question. The company I work for pays us on the 23rd of every month, which this month happens to fall on a Monday. When I used to bank with Natwest, if my paydate was a Monday, then the funds would show in my available balance on the Saturday (even though, if I got a Mini Statement, it would still show Monday as the “official” day the salary is credited).

My question is this. My salary now goes into my girlfriends Lloyds TSB Silver account. Is this still the same procedure? Will I get paid on the Saturday? I have spoken to 3 different people at Lloyds and all give a different story so I am looking for info from someone this has actually happened to!

Apparently it has something to do with wages being processed on the day before your paydate and Sunday isn’t a working day.

Looking forward to your replies.

In most accounts, your wages will show as being there, because if you check the date on your online banking, you will see the transactions (both in and out) are actually dated from Monday.

Any purchases that you make by card will also not come through until next week, but if you withdraw cash, it will show as being taken the same day.

In real terms, what it means is that you will pay extra interest on the "overdrawn" balance. The money is showing and available, but not actually "there" until Monday, so for interest calculations, you will show as being more o/drawn for a couple of days. Does that make sense? It's a bit like when your bank lets you draw on a cheque that hasn't cleared yet, except a cheque could still bounce.

I'm with BOS and it doesn't show until the Monday.

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

HBoS and A+L both show the actual day, no sooner!

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

• 5 weeks later...

I'm a Lloyds premier customer and anything that is due in my account on a monday credits on saturday as 'uncleared' so I can see it but couldn't withdraw it from an ATM - on the flip side anything also leaving my account on Monday shows as going but again my balance doesn't diminish - it's like uncleared outgoings as well

• 3 weeks later...

hmm. my pay day isn't monday

nor saturday. I'm always paid every

friday. but sometimes, it's delayed because

of some reasons, example: holidays, etc. :D

Edited by maroondevo52
Commercial link removed

• 2 years later...

Hi guys....sorry if im asking the same question again but most the relevant answers ive found are years old so..... Its bank holiday on monday, my employer processed our wages today (thursday) through BACS....i bank with NATWEST...does anyone know will it clear tuesday (next working day) or will it clear early hours of saturday?? Im praying saturday otherwise it will be a very long and boring weekend :-(. Thankyou

• 1 year later...

Having banked with Natwest, any salary payment by BACS due to clear monday will show as available on the previous saturday. This is also true for Barclays as I discovered in April and am hoping will be repeated this week end :-). Lloyds TSB you will be waiting until Monday although I remember when I was made redundant, my redundancy pay was due to be paid on monday but showed cleared by 6pm sunday the previous day.