Opalfruits vs Co-op

opalfruits
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6489 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, this is my very first post.

I've just received the S.A.R details which show charges totalling £890 over the last 3 years. I'm absolutely fuming, as most of these relate to a period when my husband was out of work and we kept the Co-op fully informed throughout. We currently have an overdraft of £660 which coincidentally is exactly the amount they have unlawfully charged us in the last year. I've been so lethargic about the whole thing for so long. To make matters worse I'm a debt counsellor for a national charity and am always urging people to stand up to their banks.

I'm itching to get going! I've had previous experience of the county court anyway as I took my wedding photographer to court last year (I'm not the luckiest person in the world) so I'm not that bothered about the process.

I suppose I just want you all to wish me luck - this is a fantastic site and I actually recommend it to my clients.

I'd wish you luck but we don't need it :)

I'm also glad theirs people like you doing the charity work as i'm using CAB to help me with my probs! so a big thanx to you THANX

Rbs £114 + contractual at 29.84% I won total=£125 no laughing it's a win

Don't moan about it DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT :D

• 2 weeks later...
Done it!! Looked at my account this morning and the refund was just sitting there. I don't think they've even received my LBA yet.

Woo! Good news for you!

I'm annoyed though at the same time, as to why my claim is taking so long : (

I sent my first approach letter, detailing my claim, schedule AND copies of statements on 13th July i.e before you opalfruits. I've had three letters saying they are looking into, and the last one said it would take up to 6 weeks. Did you get a letter like that opalfruits?

Is it worth me ringing them and saying something along the lines of "other people who started after me have had their refunds. Harumph."