employer late paying me, 2 weeks later - £400+ in bank charges - HELP!

ajwliverpool
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5598 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I bank with First Trust (part of AIB). My employer was late paying me by nearly three weeks Several standing order and direct debits went unpaid - a total of 9.

They are charging me £38 per item. Thats £342.

Additionally, i have a mortgage and a second loan, both are now charging me £30 per attempt to collect. They have both tried twice since my money went in - so they are adding £120 total. I know the mortgage lender is, second charge same group but can't get through their call handling computer (robot answering doesn't understand my N Ireland accent).

The lenders said part of T&Cs, 'but don't worry, its added to your loan balance if you don't wnat to pay it straight away' (thanks for that)

The bank worker was unhelpful but got an account manager to call back. He said nothing doing, wil have to pay. I said what about this unfair bank charges scandal? he said, completely fair, read your contract, not his problem.

Nearly £500 in charges for my wages being a couple of weeks late... surely thats not right? i can't afford it. This could push me over the edge

(financially i mean, don't worry not going to top myself - yet!)

:-x

I would be asking my employer to cover these charges - I presume it's their fault the wages were late?

I would also put a complaint in writing to the bank asking them to reconsider.

Poppynurse :)

If my comments have been helpful please click my scales!!!!