24 Ace Catalogue - credit query

nifter
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5573 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everybody,

This is probably a really stupid question but I have never bought anything from a catalogue before and am really confused. I purchased an item for 65 pounds for which I have sent a cheque. What I am unsure about is the 235 pounds my statement says I have 'remaining to spend'. Is this like some sort of loan? I am suddenly panicking that I have signed up for something I didn't want or realise I was getting. I didn't buy from them intending to continue doing so - they just happened to have what I wanted cheaper than anyone else.

Apologies if I am being incredibly dense - any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Thanks Hightail,

What does that mean though? Will I have to keep ordering until I have spent the 300? Is there any kind of financial penalty for not doing so like interest or anything?

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

You do not have to roder anything else. Most catelogue companies think if you are ordering anything from them then they will open an account for you so you will use it.

If you sent a cheque for the full amnount at time of order them no need to wrry and you would not ned to pay interest or anything on it. I had this and sent them a lteter statind i did not request any credit and did not wish to have it either. They zero the credit but it still gave me an account number so if i wanted ot order naything in future could usee that to do so at pay with the order.

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

You don't have to do anything. It simply means you can order up to £300 from them and not pay up front. Presumably they invoice you and you can pay it off over time. If you don't use them again then you'll just keep getting statements for a while saying your balance is zero. If you use them again and pay up front for what you buy then your statement will always be zero. The ones that are a real pain are those that won't let you order and pay - they insist on invoicing you at a later date. One of those lost a fair old order from me once for Christmas stuff. I really wanted it for a village kids party but I don't think they are interested in one off sales.