Sleeper offer valid dates - who's fault?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5576 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently booked return tickets on the sleeper from Glasgow to London using a £89 for two offer in the local paper.

I booked online and had to search for dates where the offer came up as available but found tickets for Glasgow to London on 13th April and returning 15th. I've paid for the tickets and have now received the tickets through the post with the date and berth details printed clearly on them.

However! On looking at the voucher in the paper it says the offer is not vaild on certain bank holidays ie. 9th, 10th, 12th and 13th April. But my tickets are for the 13th at 23.40.

So, will my tickets be vaild? Is it my fault for even searching for that date or their fault for making them available online for that date?

Really just want to make sure we won't get turned away. Any advice greatly appreciated!

I recently booked return tickets on the sleeper from Glasgow to London using a £89 for two offer in the local paper.

I booked online and had to search for dates where the offer came up as available but found tickets for Glasgow to London on 13th April and returning 15th. I've paid for the tickets and have now received the tickets through the post with the date and berth details printed clearly on them.

However! On looking at the voucher in the paper it says the offer is not vaild on certain bank holidays ie. 9th, 10th, 12th and 13th April. But my tickets are for the 13th at 23.40.

So, will my tickets be vaild? Is it my fault for even searching for that date or their fault for making them available online for that date?

Really just want to make sure we won't get turned away. Any advice greatly appreciated!

YOu may find you've booked the sleepers but do not have valid tickets to travel (because of the blackout dates). Things may have changed, but the way these tickers are normally sold is that you buy a ticket to travel, then pay the appropriate supplement for a sleeper berth.

Your berth may not have a blackout period, but the travel ticket clearly does. Now, since this will depend on the Sleeper Car attendant noticing the travel ticket is invalid, you may be lucky - but there's no guarantee you won't be asked to be the current fare for the journey, but not the supplement.