Preforming Right Society

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5387 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello funkyparott!

Suppose I create music and want nothing to do with PRS, but still don't want people playing my music on the radio. How do I get my royalties collected?
Collecting royalties won't be a problem, because if your music stops being played on the radio, then there won't be any royalties to worry about anyway, because nobody will know you even exist!

OTOH, if the radio stations play your music in a fair way, and assume most will be honest and pay something voluntarily, people will get to know you exist and, without the PRS effectively banning music in the Workplace, may even get to hear you on their Work Radios, and may even want to buy your CD or, horror shock, may even want to hire you to twang away at your Banjo live!

It's amazing how this works, but thanks to the RPS, fewer people will get to hear anything, won't buy any CDs, and won't bother going to see people play live because music will become increasingly alien to them.

If the RPS get their way, all people will hear in the Workplace is approved sombre music of the State, playing funeral marches or...silence! This is, of course, only good for us, because we can then stop day dreaming, concentrate on our work, and ultimately pay more Taxes through our greater productivity. Tapping our feet or humming along to a tune is clearly wasteful and prevents us from being able to pay off the ever increasing manipulated debt and Taxes the bankers and government want us to service.

What a brave new world we live in. Our every move is governed by bureaucrats, pen-pushers, and weak self-serving avaricious politicians, themselves financed and directed by even more avaricious dull greedy bankers.

Stop humming that tune in the back there, it's not allowed.

Cheers,

BRW

• 4 weeks later...