1st Credit Problem

oddmaker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5586 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi There All,

I didn’t know where to come so I thought I'd post here for some help. I recently had a letter from 1st credit and they asked me to pay the full amount, I phoned them and said I couldn’t but they were really horrible and were trying to get the full amount from me, I kept saying I couldn’t afford it and I asked if I could be able to pay weekly, they said no and said can I pay the full amount within 2 weeks, I said to them I *might* be able to pay it but then they said if I couldn’t then they will be sending me to court etc, I just couldn’t be arsed with the harassment from them and said that. I live with my Mum and I’ve been layed off recently which I explained to them but they didn’t care. The amount is £740 from Barclaycard but I have no way on paying the full amount within 2 weeks, after reading some forums I know I shouldn’t of phoned them but I didn’t know :(

If anyone could maybe give me a letter I could send them or any help or advice that would be great.

Thank you very much.

Edited by oddmaker

Firstly do not enter into any conversations with them on the telephone, they will only try to bully you into making an agreement to pay more than you can reasonably afford.

I would write to them setting out your current position, (include an income and expenditure form) and making them an offer of payment.

Include in the letter that you will not be entering into discussion with them on this issue via the telephone and that you wish all communication to be in writing.

Once you have made an offer (an make sure it is an offer that you keep up with) then make the payments regularly (do not set up a direct debit, as they may be tempted to steal money from your account)

The worst they can do is take you to court, and if they do that, the court will only order you to pay what you can reasonably afford so dont be intimidated into offering more than you really can afford to pay.

The other questions would be do you have any PPI on the debt, and what was the debt for? have you requested the CCA to see whether the debt is, in itself enforceable?

Opinions are offered in good faith based upon personal experience and research. Before making any irreversible decisions the opinion of a qualified, registered and insured legal professional should be sought.

If my advice or information has assisted you in any way - please click my scales.

thanks

Nat West Charges £1056 WON

RBS Charges £3600 WON

RBS Unenforceable Loan £18500 Pending

RBS PPI on loan above Pending

MBNA Credit Card CCA & SAR Sent

Co-op Credit Card CCA Sent

Thank you for the reply.

The other questions would be do you have any PPI on the debt, and what was the debt for? have you requested the CCA to see whether the debt is, in itself enforceable?

Well I haven't tried to reclaim the money back so I have got PPI on the debt and I havent sent a letter to see if the debt is enforceable. The debt was for a Credit Card. If so what letters should I send?