welcome finance ppi - ive issued a court claim!

andie_303
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5226 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You are quite right legalpickle on including their legal name, HMRC should not need more than that to investigate. and thank you for the insight on the risk of appealing, that kind of knowledge to a layperson is priceless!

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of curiosity, have you ever been given a policy number, even welcome's own policy ref no?

And was it by any small chance: 01LASU424?

not got one - not even one from Welcome - are you saying they use the same number for all? lmao

I prefer to sign letters "Yours sincerely,", I think "Yours faithfully," implies religion and is too submissive.

I agree with what you say but as I'm a teacher I kinda can't get away from the whole if your letter is addressed Dear Sir you use faithfully, if you use a name such as Fred it's sincerely :p

legal pickle - would your advise be to keep the PPI claim seperate from the enforceable agreement and refund request if it gets that far?

That way I'm not putting all my eggs in one basket or would the court frown upon the fact or taking the same company to court twice on the same agreement even if it is for different things?

legal pickle - would your advise be to keep the PPI claim seperate from the enforceable agreement and refund request if it gets that far?

That way I'm not putting all my eggs in one basket or would the court frown upon the fact or taking the same company to court twice on the same agreement even if it is for different things?

Personally, if you've already commenced a claim for one matter, I would keep the claim on that matter, rather than trying to bundle something else with it. The advantage is that you've only sued on the PPI issue so can if necessary take the other issue to the FOS, and go through the usual complaints procedure.

In addition you can justify the fact that you have two separate cases - if you do it through court - as you only found out the other issue well after the time of issuing of the first claim.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

:-) If you feel my post has been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

well, i know of 4 already with that number, including me, all from different years :confused:.....Norwich Union could find no trace of it for me.

Thats the other thing, even if you do get 'policy documentatin' through, it is welcome paperwork, on welcome headed paper...nothing from, or mentioning the insurer.

If welcome are an authorised agent for NU, they must have a contract between them. One cagger, Suziedarkness had a reply stating any commision or premium paid to the insurer was nothing to do with her, so they just wouldn't be telling her! Hav easked her for an update on that one too lol

Why is there no solid link to an insurer of an kind? Why are they avoiding giving such bog standard info like the plague?

HMMMMMM

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

well, i know of 4 already with that number, including me, all from different years :confused:.....Norwich Union could find no trace of it for me.

Thats the other thing, even if you do get 'policy documentatin' through, it is welcome paperwork, on welcome headed paper...nothing from, or mentioning the insurer.

If welcome are an authorised agent for NU, they must have a contract between them. One cagger, Suziedarkness had a reply stating any commision or premium paid to the insurer was nothing to do with her, so they just wouldn't be telling her! Hav easked her for an update on that one too lol

Why is there no solid link to an insurer of an kind? Why are they avoiding giving such bog standard info like the plague?

HMMMMMM

I have written correspondance from NU saying they have no welcome policies and they do not underwrite any for me anymore - they could tell me about car insurances they underwrote for other companies like Asda - so surely they should be able to tell me about this one if it does actually exist!

I really want to find the cagger that got the written confirmation of commision or find an ex welcome employee willing to spill their guts!

I really hope people from Welcome are trawling this site (i'm sure they do) and are starting to have 2nd and 3rd thoughts about fighting this as I'm going on all fronts now - Welcome are gonna owe me money from this agreement not the other way round.

Canx my DD yesterday and put the account in dispute - saving me £190 a month :)

My understanding is that insurance policies must have on the bottom of them details of who underwrites them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

:-) If you feel my post has been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

will see if I can find that cagger, am sure I subbed to the thread a long time ago

Dipply75

Hi Andie, also think this is worth a read and maybe the OP can help you out as he did his homework with DG also:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/132705-mcfad-welcome-lost-court.html

Dipply75

Oh god how depressed do I feel reading that - he had all that good stuff and a judge just screwed him over - I really hope that doesn't happen to me - though the bit about Chris Palmer and his cheap suits was funny.

Though Mr Palmer incase he is subbing this thread - I have the backing of a trading standards solicitor so not gonna be pushed over that easily!

And anyway if I don't get you on this I have more coming, perhaps you should just consider settlement, BELIEVE me it'll be cheaper :)

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Currently in litigation due to the mis-selling of PPI.

During my investigations I have found the commisions have been paid on these policies and I am led to believe this should have been divulged as there was no way otherwise this could have been classed as an 'independant' sale as it was in the sales persons interest that they sold the PPI

To cut a long story short I have an existing medical condition that means I am excluded from pay out on these policies but the company has refused to refund my policy as has infact not cancelled future payments despite me asking.

I have approached the underwriter directly and they say they will not provide me with that information as they are not "legally obliged to do so" but they say I can approach the seller for the details.

They have declined also to give me them - so my question as I am currently in litigation and I think this goes towards proving my case can I make them give them to me in some way? i.e. can I apply to the judge for them to direct the release of this information?

Thanks

i would say it depends on the info. If it is a application form where u clearly inform them of ur medical condition then yes but info on the information your would require woud be good.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Godmother - no needs and demands done to speak of, no medical questionnaire - nothing - infact nothing even asking me if I wanted PPI!!

They are now standing on the defence of "we did ask her and she consented" - not true but I wouldn't expect anything else.

Anyway I am now in posession of certain proofs that commisions are paid on these policies which I believe should be disclosed on sale - if not goes majorly to prove mis-selling.

I have approached the underwriter who have basically said that any commsions paid are private and they don't have to tell me but they have said I could get this information from the company who sold me the policy.

They have refused and therefore I am wondering can I ask the judge in my case to direct them to disclose that commsions were paid and the amounts of such - as this goes to prove my case that mis-selling happened.

andie have posted this for you on another Welcome thread

"They don't have to disclose".........methinks they do:D

http://www.bllaw.co.uk/pdf/Financialservices_Hurstangercase.pdf

Thanks Joncris,

So in reading this am I right in thinking Welcome Finance are basically the broker here and it is them not NU that should be disclosing this information?

If that is correct and they say no - can I somehow get the court to direct them to release this information.

As this case says the commsion should be repaid plus interest I would obviously have to know the amount of commision they recieved.

Also do you know of any rulings where the undisclosed commisions have resulted in a ruling of mis-selling?

I know I have them bang to rights on the medical thing but need to make sure my armoury is fully stocked just in case.

U can ask them to prove u were asked and prove u concented. How did u apply for the loan that had PPI?

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.