Asda Home Shopping

lost24
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5582 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I recently did an order from Asda and on their website it clearly states payment will be debited on the day of delivery. So I placed an order for a specific date/

Asda reqested payment to my bank on the day before. I received a text message from them at 10 am on the day before the planned delivery saying that the payment had not gone through - I tried to call them but got no answer (I had to work late that day).

I managed to get through on the planned delivery date and they said the payment had gone though - food delivered all ok (day after the text)!Shopping was delivered the next day as ordered.

Now I've been hit by £35 fee from Nat West, and another £70 cumulative as other payments I had made had taken me over my limit because of the £35 fee. They confirm the payment was requested on the day before the delivery was due. In fact the charge states the date of the payment request as the day before the delivery.

I only use my Nat west acc for internet & shopping so am always ensure there is enough funds - I do not normally pay any charges except int. on my OD.

Natwest have refused to refund the charges as they say it is not their error.

Asda are stating they took the payment on on the delivery date, and only applied a holding fee of £1.

It clearly states on Asda's webpage that payment will be deducted on delivery date.

Any ideas where I stand legally here?

By the way I've got screen shots of asda's t&c's & the charges from Natwest.

Thanks

C

I would send them a copy of their T&Cs showing the bit with payment will be taken on the day of delivery and an extract of your statement showing they attempted it on the day before which incurred the charges.

Send it recorded to the head office and see what the answer is they come back with.

• 4 weeks later...

I have received a letter from my bank stating that they cannot refund any charges incurred because of a date I say a payment was applied is incorrect.

I have received a letter from Asda stating they requested a 'holding' payment and did not request the actual payment until the day of the delivery.

..how do banks know what is a holding payment or an actual payment - it is clear that the payment was applied for on the day before delivery.

Any ideas . I will write to Asda again and re-iterate I want the fees refunded back to me .. or do i just get legal advice....