My sister's Talk Talk nightmare

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5598 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am trying to help my sister.

I will cut a very long story short and try and outline the problem.

She decided to change from BT to Talk Talk home phone and broadband in June 2008.

The phone line went over to TT on 17th of June, but was told there was issues with broadband, which would be resolved asap.

Letter in July - still problem setting up broadband.

16th July was on phone when line went dead. Used mobile to phone BT who say TT had cut the line. TT deny this.

Broadband still not supplied.

Sister contacted BT and asked to rejoin them for home phone and broadband.

Received TT bill for June/July and paid it.

3rd Aug - another bill from TT, thought account had been closed, tried to close it again - told she couldn't as told system not recognising closure.

Phoned 6 times to close account - not successful.

3rd Sept- another TT bill. She phoned and was told account now closed.

14th Oct another TT bill and letter from Credit solutions Ltd demanding £86.76.

Now each time she speaks to TT she is told system cannot close account.

Bill now £196 and being chased by Credit Solutions.

So in summary - she received TT home phone for a few weeks in June/July. Paid bill for this.

Never any Broadband. When it became clear they would never provide BB, she changed back to BT as TT never delivered the service she had ordered.

TT say account can't be closed and she is getting monthly bills.

Account referred to credit agency and escalating.

I would be very grateful for any advice. She has written numerous letters and made numerous calls to Talk Talk, with no success and is now v. distressed about the whole situation.

Tell TalkTalk to go get scratched, useless pratts.

Get your sister to phone them a few times and record the call (most mobiles allow this).

Your sisters case identical to mine, they've gave up now as I still to this day have damning telephone recorded evidence of a different comment from them everytime I called. It stuffs debt collectors as well as I have in no certain words told them ive got concrete evidence, have you?

Advice & opinions given by Stinkyfeet are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional. :wink: