HELP PLEASE!!!!! Mackenzie Hall

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6448 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recieved a letter from a company called Mackenzie Hall, being suspicious rather than curious a searched for them and ended up here. Are they a ligitimate company? People think not it seems.

Their letter was sent to my address, addressed to me:

'We are attempting to contact the above named person regarding a personal matter. We have been provided with your address as being the correct resdidentail detail for our subject.....'

etc, wanting confirmation, quoting reference numbers etc

Having read what other posts have said I have not contacted them, but what should I do?? The letter is quite scarey, and I did panic trying to rack my brain to think if I owe anyone anything!

Your advice is much appreciated, thanks :)

there is a template on the site somewhere where you can write to them advising you do not acknowledge any debt to them and enclose a £1 fee for a copy of a credit agreement proving you owe them money. Also quote the telecommunications act just in case they try and call.

Search around, the template is on quite a few threads

• 2 months later...

Hello, just been sent the MacKenzie Hall "We are attempting to contact the above named person regarding a personal matter" letter.

Probably like a lot of people was tempted to call in to have a go and give them the whole 6 years thing (the only debt it could be is circa 1996). But thanks to this site had second thoughts a put the letter in it's correct place, the bin.

Anyway just wondering if anyone knows how MH generate these letters and where they source there info from?

Reason I ask if that I normally reside overseas and in the last 8 years have only returned to the UK for more than a visit (ie for 6months plus) on 2 occassions and it just seems that each time I do return I get the same letter. Possible a coincidence, or maybe something more sinister?

(Posted in other MH threads)