Welcome "scare tactics" shark behaviour...need help

zigvsam
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5629 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have a secured loan with welcome finance:( and pre xmas i was 2months behind. the repayments are only small now that they have removed the ppl (which is another story) and therefore i have been making small but regular payments to get arrears down.

my first complaint was that my "account manager" had an over familiar manner with dealing with my account texting my mobile with reminders of payment and popping to my address to collect the money if i didnt answer his call??

as xmas was upon us i advised welcome that i wouldnt be making any more payments till mid jan when my husbands work started again. as there is no direct debit in place ( i make debit card payments each friday) and arrears down to 400 i was confident that by feb all straight. on new years eve my debit card had £148 taken from it by POS by my "account manager" who said it was in my best interest to keep me up to date???:-o he had used old debit card information to do this. i went skits and insisted he had nothing further to do with my account , made a complaint and they refunded my money.

i now have a new account manager who is using his own tactics. he said the £400 arrears are to be settled by end of this month which is relatively ok by me but he wanted initially £195 today 16/01/09 which i cannot do.

he popped round to my address? said he should charge me £25 for his unannounced arrival but said will let me off he asked for £150, and said he can make the £400 arrears go down to £350 if i complied and he would refund my bank charges (£80) i said i would have to see what money i had on fri but stressed to him i thought it was very unlikely.

since then he has rang from his mobile to mine 11 times since weds afternoon. this morning i told him i cannot meet his target although i could make a payment and will have arrears settled by Feb as agreed.

he then accussed me of making promises i cannot keep, asked me to get a sub off husbands boss!! when i finally lost it on the phone he said he is now charging me £25 for his visit, arrears back upto £400 and will not be refunding my charges back.

what the hell is all that about and where do i go to get all this stopped?

i have told him not to call again and to put all communication either in an email or letter. i will make my payments to a different department.

Hi,

I have had a similar problem - no visits though!

surely they can only visit your property with an appointment. If they dont have one then they cant (If you tell them). Send them a letter (there are lots of templates on here) about appointments and harassment and how you will not be making any appointments and if anyone visits call the police.

I think thats how it works but if I am wrong I am sure I will be corrected.

I have had the same issue and told them I cannot pay until a certain date. They are idiots and think they can walk all over people - they should be closed.

what is the debt a Loan?

also tell them no more doorstep visist and no more phone harassment

either send them/him this

Harassment by telephone

Account Number: XXXXXXX

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded

or advise him next time he phones, if he visits tell him he is tresspassing