Can I ask them to charge my £10 SAR fee to my account?

007coot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6530 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey peeps,

I have another 9 companies I would like to send a data protection act request to but I can't really afford the £90 all at once. Can I ask my credit card companies to charge the £10 fee to my account?

If anyone has sucessfully done this with either Mint, Sainsburys bank or Barclaycard please let me know.

Thanks very much:)

I have another 9 companies I would like to send a data protection act request to but I can't really afford the £90 all at once. Can I ask my credit card companies to charge the £10 fee to my account?

Two points come to mind.

1. You wouldn't know whether they've acted on your request until the next months statement arrives and if they haven't, you're back to square one.

2. Are you organised enough to keep 10 or 12 claims going at the same time?

I'd wait until I'd had refunds from the first claims and use them to fund the next tranche.

Well I'm pretty organised and I've just been made redundant so I thought if I get all my statements from them I will have plenty of spare time to work out the charges and file everything in preparation. I don't keep longer than six months worth of statements which is a shame otherwise I wouldn't need to request them all again!

I don't even think there are many charges on some of them but even so it's worth checking. May aswell start now while I am unemployed because as soon as I get another job I will be too busy. My poor husband is working his butt off to make up for my lost wages so I want to show him I am at least trying to get us some cash until I find a job!;)

Barclay card made me pay by cheque... don't knwo about the rest.. but I had some who didn't charge at all..

Cahoot

JBD issued - 27/07/06, warrant issued 08/08/06

First Direct

Settled in Full

Capital One

Prelim Sent

Citi Financial

Offer of difference betwen £30 and £12

GE Capital - Evans Card, Data Protection Act

Argos Card, DPA

Barclay Card, 8th May-DPA, 14th July- 2nd DPA (asking complete history!!)

Egg Card & Egg Loan,DPA

NatWest Card

LBA

Vodfone

3rd letter re: default

Studio & Ace

Prelim for Studio e-mailed

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

If you pay by cheque, then provided they cash it, there is undisputable proof of their reciept (and the date of reciept) of you SAR. If you authorise them to debit your account, then this proof may not exist. Also remember that if the account is over it's limit, then they won't apply the debit, and won't act on your SAR as you have not paid the fee.

A lot of banks are returning the £10.00 fee. Soooo......

Send a £10 cheque to the first one. If they return the cheque, then send it to the next, and so on down the line.

If they retain the cheque then send a new cheque to the second one then if they return the cheque.......

You may find that one cheque will do for all. If not then stop when you run out of money.

:D

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Cahoot took the money for my CC, I phoned them first and, after checking with his boss, he said 'yes, no problem', I made sure that I took his name and told him that I needed it in case there was a problem. I had already sent a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) through their 'contact us' first, but phone call seemed to speed them up!!

Might be a bit cheeky, but worth a try with others:rolleyes: :-D Just remember to take their names.

Sproggi

Thanks everyone, HSBC have gnored my LBA so now I have to fill out my MCOL which will probably cost £120 so I'm going to get that sorted and then next Thursday, when my husband gets paid, we will send of the cheques for the rest (just to make it easier as most of you are concenred about them not acting upon the SAR and me not having the proof). Hopefully I can sort all the statements and file them while I'm still unemployed :( and then tackle them one by one or it will get complicated. I don't even know if there are charges on all of them. I received some of my NatWest Statements on Friday and I never had a charge at all from the years 2000-2002 :eek: so I was pretty good up until about two years ago I think. It all went pear shaped when Natwest offered me a huge loan and like a kid in a sweetshop I held out my hand and said "thank you!" and then it all went down hill:(

Thanks everyone;)